Jailbreak iOS 5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jailbreak iOS 5?

Anyone know of any besides redsnOw? They have one but it's a tethered jailbreak and they only offer a Mac version right now and I'd prefer to do it on my Windows computer since that's what I sync my phone through.

only thing out right now are tethered jailbreaks, minus ipad2.

Comment

Can't believe it's been this long. Finally they release an untethered jailbreak for iOS 5.1 and I'm up and running again. Now to get all the stuff I had reinstalled prior to the friggin iOS 5 update

It has been nearly eight weeks since the first declaration by pod2g that he had found a bug that he believed could provide an untethered jailbreak for iOS 5. We find ourselves exactly fifty days down the line, and what I imagine has been a lot of sleepless nights for the developers involved, but we now officially have the release of an untethered jailbreak for all A4 devices running iOS 5.0.1.

Comment

shit hangs on both my iphones.
        pc or mac, keeps hanging at "please wait while your build is being identified."

Comment

Originally posted by roliath View Post
          shit hangs on both my iphones.
          pc or mac, keeps hanging at "please wait while your build is being identified."
          yet another iphone, still doesn't work. when it gets to "exploiting with limera1n" the phone simply boots up. devmgr states the phone goes into dfu, but it just boots up. no exploit is ran.
          fucking lame ass

Comment

well I guess redsnow didn't like my VM's. lmao
            I don't have itunes installed on my computer, i have it installed in a couple virtual machines. I do have itunes installed at work for my work iphone so I ran redsnow from there and it worked.

edit: cydia is still getting raped.
            Last edited by roliath; 12-28-2011, 09:58 AM.

Comment

still nothing for the 4s or ipad2...i'm still running 4.3.2 on my iphone 4, and i don't see any need to update to 5+ yet.

Comment

Jose...

Which one did you use?
                Corona or the Redsnow

Originally posted by STANGGT40 View Post
                still nothing for the 4s or ipad2...i'm still running 4.3.2 on my iphone 4, and i don't see any need to update to 5+ yet.
                The guy that did this one I believe mentioned that he was able to find an "exploit" for the 4s/ipad 2. I would say a few more weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Rafa View Post
                  Jose...

Which one did you use?
                  Corona or the Redsnow
                  Got it from this link which uses both.

Again no problems for me Jailbreaking my phone (iPhone 3GS). The hardest part was getting MyWi reinstalled. Apparently the servers were getting hammered and it took a couple of days worth of attempts to get it installed but I'm tethering just fine now. Got an iPad 1 I'm going to Jailbreak soon.

Comment

Originally posted by STANGGT40 View Post
                    i'm still running 4.3.2 on my iphone 4, and i don't see any need to update to 5+ yet.
                    same. i just wouldnt do it at all.
                    www.hppmotorsports.com
                    ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
                      same. i just wouldnt do it at all.
                      To each his own. But for those of us that have upgraded the jailbreak is now available.

Comment

Redid my jb last night from semi to untether finally. They now have an updated redsnow so that you don't need to run corona. Just run redsnow like before. Mine was pretty simple cuz I had my cydia backed up using "aptbackup". Just did a restore from it after I JB and downloaded appsync from cydia, and I was good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                          To each his own. But for those of us that have upgraded the jailbreak is now available.
                          yea it's good to know in case mine blows up and im forced to update.
                          www.hppmotorsports.com
                          ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Finally got mine back to where it was, except for the fact that the MacCiti repo is still down and I can't download my themes. So once they get their shit together, it will be at 100%.

And I need to edit the html doc to change the wallpaper on the lockscreen. And my battery icon re-appears after a reboot. I need to figure out how to stop that. I can't stand the default icons.

Comment

I had a nice theme going that I edited the html, but they won't update it for IOS 5

Comment

Working...
                              X