Found a Computer. Need Help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found a Computer. Need Help.

So my friend found this computer. Well ITs a sony vaio rs pcv-rs720g. And it looks like it missing the ram and video card. Some plugs are unplugged and im not sure where they go. So if TX Redneck could point me the way. I would appreciate. lol. Also what are the stats, how good of a computer is it?

GOPR0198 by larrychance88

Based on the specs I looked up, it isn't worth the money to make it operable. This also presupposes that the mobo and psu aren't toast.

Intel Pentium 4 Processor 530 With HT Technology (3.0GHz, 1MB L2 Cache)/ Microsoft Windows XP Home/ VAIO Creation Suite/ Burn DVDs With Click To DVD/ 512MB RAM And 200GB Hard Drive/ (Monitor Not Included)

Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 530 with HT Technology (3.0GHz, 1MB L2 Cache)1
    Microsoft® Windows® XP Home
    Explore your creativity with the New VAIO Creation Suite
    Easily Burn DVDs2 with Click to DVD™
    512MB3 RAM and 200GB4 hard drive

Comment

Alright, Well i do need a cdrw drive and dvd rw drive. So ill just take those outta it. Hard drive looks to to there also. Didnt really look at it much before i headed outta the house. But i guess i can gut those three thing and chuck this thing huh?

Comment

The HDD(S) would have been where I boxed in red.

Comment

Well there was on in there. I pulled it out and it says 200gb on it. Could i use it for extra space on my computer if i format it?

Comment

Originally posted by BttleFedC10 View Post
            Well there was on in there. I pulled it out and it says 200gb on it. Could i use it for extra space on my computer if i format it?
            I would assume so unless its bad. I'm guessing that thing uses IDE hard-drives. Does your computer have the same interface? A lot of newer motherboards don't support IDE hard-drives.

Comment

You can, but terabyte drives are super cheap, and you won't fill them up with ~40 HD movies.

Comment

Yeah, i just saw that this hard drive is sata cable. My computer doesn't support sata. So this hard drive is useless...

Last edited by BttleFedC10; 09-20-2011, 10:27 PM.

Comment

For the money to get that thing running, just get a new PC.
                  WRX

Comment

I aint gonna try and get it running. I just took some parts outta it.

Comment

ill take the 200GB Sata drive if you dont want it.

Comment

Working...
                      X