Laptop Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop Help

I have a Dell Inspiron E1705 with Windows 7. Today when I tried to wake it up from sleep mode (open lid), all I had was a blank screen but it was still on. Now this has happen to me lately (a couple of months), so I had to do a hard rest. After that it would boot up until the windows loading screen and then reboot again after a quick flash of a blue screen of death.

I tried re-seating the memory, I opened her up to clean the inside which I do to prevent dust from collecting every couple of months. Now it powers up but I get a blank screen with numeric keypad light on, the upper letter function and scroll function light flashing. Anybody run into a problem like this?

Update:
    I got it to boot removing a bad ram chip but it keeps rebooting once windows is loading with a quick flash of BSOD.

Update 2: Ok got it back running after running windows repair from the windows 7 disk. What sucks is that I'm running on 512 mb of ram and the hard drive has some bad sector.
    Last edited by Coupe81; 05-12-2011, 08:19 PM.
    sigpic
    1987 Mustang LX Coupe, yes it's slow
    1985 Mustang LX Coupe, not slow

I almost forgot
    sigpic

Comment

Well, there has been an issue with Nvidia drivers messing up the fan speeds after sleep mode. The fan speeds slow down too much and it overheats the video card. I had it happen to my G71. Have you updated the drivers recently?

Comment

Disable Reboot on Failure in the bios and post the stop error code.

Also try Safemode w/ networking.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
          Well, there has been an issue with Nvidia drivers messing up the fan speeds after sleep mode. The fan speeds slow down too much and it overheats the video card. I had it happen to my G71. Have you updated the drivers recently?
          I haven't updated any drivers recently.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X