New Power Supply needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Power Supply needed

Well, I accidentally hit the "sleep" button on my keyboard. My PC never woke up.

The power button does not turn it on. I figure, since nothing comes on, its got to be the power supply.

This may sound ridiculous, but all all power supplies the same? I've changed one, once before, and it was extremely straight forward.

Its an HP tower, and there is a 300W power supply in there. What, if any, information do I need off of it to purchase a new one?
    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Sounds like a job for aCid!! Hey, dont forget to get with me this weekend bout them glasses!

Comment

They are pretty all pretty much the same. You can get some with modular plugs so you can add / remove power lines. some come with fancy lights!

Comment

If there's a switch on the back of teh psu, flip it off then press and hold the power button for 10 seconds. If there's not a switch, pull the cable from it and follow the steps. Afterwards, reconnect/flip back on and see if it'll boot.

Comment

easiest way to test if psu is dead
          remove from pc (or ensure all devices are unplugged).
          than jump that ho

more info here

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
            If there's a switch on the back of teh psu, flip it off then press and hold the power button for 10 seconds. If there's not a switch, pull the cable from it and follow the steps. Afterwards, reconnect/flip back on and see if it'll boot.
            The only switch is to go from 110v to 230v, so I doubt that is what youre talking about
            DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by roliath View Post
              easiest way to test if psu is dead
              remove from pc (or ensure all devices are unplugged).
              than jump that ho

more info here
              To see what, if the fans come on?

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
              Sounds like a job for aCid!! Hey, dont forget to get with me this weekend bout them glasses!
              Will bring them
              DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

You're correct. Pull the cable from it the press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds then reconnect it and try to see if it'll boot.

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                  To see what, if the fans come on?

Will bring them
                  Yes, to see if the fans come on...

If they come on I would verify voltage to the MB before I purchased anything....

Comment

Thanks guys. I bought a new 450W Antec for about $50 today. Up and running again.
                    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Working...
                    X