All in one Desk tops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All in one Desk tops

I'm redoing my office and I'm in the market for a new computer. I want to go wireless so I'm looking at All in ones. I know most All in ones are touch screens but I could careless about that. I also get employee pricing on Dell and HP computers. Does anyone have any recommendations on models or brands. I know Dell owns HP but which is better? I've always owned HP and I've had good luck with their stuff.
    Last edited by FreightTrain; 04-23-2011, 09:27 PM.

New imacs are nice

Comment

Originally posted by ozzeran View Post
      New imacs are nice
      Never really been a fan of them.

Comment

Just decided to go with an HP all in one with a 23in screen. Best buy was selling it for 999.99 and with my employee discount I got it for $786. I'll post pics of my office remodel once its done. Damn this is costing me a fortune so far.

Comment

Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
          I know Dell owns HP but which is better? I've always owned HP and I've had good luck with their stuff.
          Not that it matters for this discussion now that you already bought a new machine, but for the record Dell does not own HP. Matter of fact, HP is a much bigger and more profitable company.

As far as comparison of their HW....their consumer level machines contain a lot of the same parts. One thing I can tell you in comparison from personal experience.....my company buys our internal business machines from Dell and HP, literally tens-of-thousands of machines per year.....there was a point about 2 years ago that they halted all Dell machine purchases through our internal market ordering system b/c we were experiencing huge percentage of failures in their desktop/server machines. Their quality had suddenly gone to shit.....however, it has since gotten better. More recently I've been hearing of HP laptops having issues.
          70' Chevelle RagTop
          (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
            Not that it matters for this discussion now that you already bought a new machine, but for the record Dell does not own HP. Matter of fact, HP is a much bigger and more profitable company.

As far as comparison of their HW....their consumer level machines contain a lot of the same parts. One thing I can tell you in comparison from personal experience.....my company buys our internal business machines from Dell and HP, literally tens-of-thousands of machines per year.....there was a point about 2 years ago that they halted all Dell machine purchases through our internal market ordering system b/c we were experiencing huge percentage of failures in their desktop/server machines. Their quality had suddenly gone to shit.....however, it has since gotten better. More recently I've been hearing of HP laptops having issues.
            We buy the elite notebooks from HP and I love them. I have several that are 4+ years old working fine. We did get a batch that have video card overheating issues, nx9420's which are 4+ years old. It overheats which causes the screen to "flash/flicker". I think ive had one mobo failure, cause it was dropped, but they came out NBD and swapped it onsite. 3 year onsite NBD is always included in the purchase.
            2009 Chevy Tahoe LTZ

2011 GMC Terrain SLT2

2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Orange Madness

Ban count: 2

Comment

Originally posted by hunt4m3x View Post
              We buy the elite notebooks from HP and I love them. I have several that are 4+ years old working fine. We did get a batch that have video card overheating issues, nx9420's which are 4+ years old. It overheats which causes the screen to "flash/flicker". I think ive had one mobo failure, cause it was dropped, but they came out NBD and swapped it onsite. 3 year onsite NBD is always included in the purchase.
              That's exactly the issues I heard about...video problems. We got a huge batch of those machines, but I did hear that they were mostly all fixed. I personally prefer the HPs as well. I'm running on my 3rd year right now on a nc8510 and I use the hell out of this thing...hasn't had any issues other than the battery going to crap, but that's probably my fault for leaving it in the docking station with the battery in it. We've bought several of those new Elite machines for folks on our team and they all have good things to say about them.

Before this one I had a Dell Latitude D820...that thing was a god awful POS.
              70' Chevelle RagTop
              (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by hunt4m3x View Post
                Have any that don't flicker that you might want to sell for cheap?

Comment

Working...
                X