Finished my first tri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished my first tri

Well sprint tri, got 98 out of 1000. I say it's addicting but if I do this more I should get a tri bike which is $$$. Any of y'all into triathlons?

I stick to just the cycling. Not much of a runner. I may do a sprint with my wife this year, she likes them.

Comment

Details on the sprint? Distances? I've heard that the swimming will make or break you. Great job by the way finishing in the top 10%.
      "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

i want to do one in july, yesterday was my first day in the pool. lets just say i might just stick to the duathlons. for now im just gonna push and try to get there goal is to hit the pool every morning for next 2 weeks and re eval. any advice ill take it.

Comment

It was a longer sprint, 500m open water swim, 15.5 mile bike, 5k run. Open water is not bad, you have to learn the technique to swimming in choppy water for a long period of time. If you do a tri with an open water swim I would highly suggest doing some open water swims before hand. I can swim all day long in a pool but open water is a lot more of a challenge.
          My wife and I joined Texas Triple Threat as they have open water swim practices once a week as well as other training (bike rides, runs, strength). They are focused on helping people get started and it has helped a ton. The bike is where you cut the most time and then your run. Usually if you speed up one you speed up the other.

Comment

Working...
          X