X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biggest Gym Pet Peeve?

Post em.

Racking the Weights -
    the guy who will workout with 315 on the incline bench....
    Grunt and make noises to show everyone you are lifting a some major weight and decide to not rack the weights and leave to a different area of the gym.
    Originally posted by 03trubluGT
    Your opinion is what sucks.
    You are too stupied and arrogant

I really don't have a problem with anything. The one and only thing is folks who decide to use one machine (which is sometimes the only one like it) for 30+ minutes. While taking water and chit-chat breaks.

In a way it has been good for me, since it has made me figure out other ways to generally do the same sort of exercise. I just think it is rude.
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

The hot chick that doesn't wear spandex shorts!!!

AAARRRRGGGHHHHHH

Also, people that don't rack weights, don't share machines and so on.
      I haven't been to a gym in a while as I work out at home and have almost everything I need there. I might be joining one soon though, due to my recent plateau/lack of motivation.

But something that annoyed me when I was living at 3 different apts in in Los Colinas, was that douchers would steal all the fucking free weights that I used. Fuck Dat!!!
      Ded

Comment

The "experts". I haven't had one in a while but gawd do they piss me off.

Also not really a pet peeve but something I find amusing, there is a guy (older) that goes to my gym who will peddle on the bike at like 5 rpm for about 20 minutes, go grab the 3-1/2lbs dumb bells and do 10 curls. Then he hits the shower and walks around the locker room naked and barefoot. YUCK!!! I'm not following him or anything but I just seem to catch him at random times.
        Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
          The "experts". I haven't had one in a while but gawd do they piss me off.

Also not really a pet peeve but something I find amusing, there is a guy (older) that goes to my gym who will peddle on the bike at like 5 rpm for about 20 minutes, go grab the 3-1/2lbs dumb bells and do 10 curls. Then he hits the shower and walks around the locker room naked and barefoot. YUCK!!! I'm not following him or anything but I just seem to catch him at random times.
          What are you following him around for?
          Ded

Comment

Originally posted by vadertt View Post
            What are you following him around for?
            I'm not sure but, it isn't to try and sneak a peak. He has 'em on show for they whole world. Want a picture?
            Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Not really a peeve, but I'm always intrigued by the guys that randomly wander about the gym for long periods of time doing a set here, and a set there with no real focus on any single muscle group.
              Men have become the tools of their tools.
              -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Dropping or throwing dumbells makes me livid for some reason. I guess because I'm tired of lifting with bent dumbells or them breaking all together.

I hate new years and the next 2-3 months with a passion.

I hate bands of juice monkey grunting each other up and lifting like retards.

That's the major ones.

Comment

I dont care if you leave a total of 135 or even 225 on the bench.

Just dont put a shit load of weight on it cause you are mr roid head but mr lazy ass to rack back your weights.

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post

I hate bands of juice monkey grunting each other up and lifting like retards.
                  Yes!
                  Originally posted by 03trubluGT
                  Your opinion is what sucks.
                  You are too stupied and arrogant

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                    I'm not gym rat, but I'm flip-flopping on this and not looking forward to that as well. I hope people keep coming for their own health and I know they pay to be there too - just makes it more difficult to get things done in a reasonable amount of time.

Getting ready for the tough mudder and need to be efficient and the new years crowd is going to suuuck. Wish them the best though.

Take care,
                    Originally posted by MR EDD
                    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Just to name a few

People who sit and stare. Dudes who walk out of the locker room with no shirt on to the parking lot. People who stand around naked in the locker room like a fucking faggot and put their leg on the counter whilst blowdrying their junk. People who swing dumbells whilst doing curls. People standing and flexing in the mirror/lifting with their shirts up. Dads that bring their kiddos in the locker room, shit's just weird. Naked fuckers in the sauna. People who don't wash their hands before/after lifting/bathroom. Fat fuckers taking the elevator to the second level.

Comment

Old dudes in the locker room carrying on conversations in the middle of the room naked.
                        "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

people that think the over weight people have no place there.
                          judgeing the light paced folks(a lot of them are trying to do physical theropy)
                          arrogent trainers

most of my peeves come from working at a gym rather than using one
                          07 f250-family truckster
                          08 Denali -baby hauler
                          52 f1-rust bucket
                          05 Jeep tj. Buggy
                          livin the double-wide dream

Comment

Racking the weights and dipshits just sitting around shooting the shit on three benches. The girl that works nights at 24 hour is responsible for racking the weights and she weighs like a a buck twenty five. Me and this other guy always help her out by picking up the 45's and bigger dumbells and such as we are at different stations. The other night this fing idiot comes in and goes over to the barbells and does some bi's. He does like 10 reps with a 45 and then just throws it on the ground and it rolls to the wall as he walked away. I really wanted to pick up the 100 lb bar and wrap it around his neck. I mean really to me it is like part of the work out loading and unloading plates. Whats the point of lifting 120 lb dumbells if you cant put them up. Sometimes it looks like a bomb exploded in the back of that gym. Whats sad is that when I lived in North Dallas there was hardly ever a plate in the wrong spot or shit just laying around.
                            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I can't fucking stand it when some sweat-back doesn't wipe his greasy sweat off the seat or bench after using it. Towels are available, but they cant be bothred to do a wipe down after use. its like pissing on a toilet seat - you did it, now clean it up.

Comment

Working...
                              X