No announcement yet.

Yay bees! :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

after having to deal with that same situation TWICE!....unless you kill the queen, you're wasting your time. What you see on the outside is nothing compared to the number of bees that could be on the inside.

I had a bee nest in my subfloor (2story house) and I was killing them with sprays, seven dust, you name it and was getting a lot of them but never got rid of the problem. After giving up and calling an exterminator, he estimated I had about 5k-10k bees in the subfloor and about a 5lb honey comb.

Comment

You couldn't get me close enough to that hive to snap a photo unless I use a telescopic lens. I am mortified of bees/wasps!
      How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Every time I click in this thread it makes my fucking skin crawl.

Comment

Are there actual laws that would restrict someone from raising bees in there own backyard? I know it's a dick move, but what if I had 20-30K bees right in my front yard?

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
            Are there actual laws that would restrict someone from raising bees in there own backyard? I know it's a dick move, but what if I had 20-30K bees right in my front yard?
            So you are having problems with Geor stalking you?

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
              So you are having problems with Geor stalking you?
              Good one julia!

Comment

Almost forgot I had this pic on my phone. Killer bee hive that formed up at five star a while back. They stayed for about 24 hours or so then just moved on.

"Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Another vote for calling a bee keeper...
                  www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
                    Another vote for calling a bee keeper...
                    Welcome back Mike
                    Originally posted by Jester
                    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                    Originally posted by Denny
                    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Thanks. Still not all the way back but...
                      www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
                        Thanks. Still not all the way back but...
                        That's like me coming off of a two-week alcohol-free state of mind and stopping in for "a couple of beers." I'm all the way back at that point.

Comment

I dont think they are in the wall. I can pound on the wall inside at that corner and there is no buzzing or angry bees flying out the hole outside. I removed an access pannel between where both hives have started and can hear buzzing from under the house.

BTW its an old double wide on a brick raised outer foundation.... or whatever. I know little to nothing about building a house or what the brick edge is called that holds the house up.
                          Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
                            soapy water
                            +1 They give me the hee bee jee bees.
                            2 Chronicles 7:14
                            If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

Originally posted by onemeangixxer7502 View Post
                              Yup, a lot of pollination occurs because of them. If bee's died off so much shit would get screwed up
                              How do you know? You ever been somewhere that used to have bees that now has none?

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                                Almost forgot I had this pic on my phone. Killer bee hive that formed up at five star a while back. They stayed for about 24 hours or so then just moved on.
                                What happened there was that a queen got booted out of her hive by a new queen. She took some workers with her to find a new hive. The queen lands and the workers surround her for protection while she rests. Then they move on until they find a suitable place to set up shop. A bee keeper will go over and knock that whole blob into a box, trying to capture the queen. If they succeed, the workers will going in the box after her and the keeper will take them to a new hive.

That is one of the best ways to get a new queen and hive.

Comment

Working...
                                X