Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My favorite guitar player, and anyone remember TNN?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My favorite guitar player, and anyone remember TNN?

Brian Setzer will always be my favorite guitar player.

TNN eventually turned into Spike, but I remember back in the Shadetree Mechanic days.

As far as Brian Setzer goes, I think I first heard his music back during those few weeks in 94-5 when Swing music was going to be the new music scene. I've got a little bit of his music, should probably dig it out and put it in rotation on the MP3.

Comment

Never really got into his big band stuff all that much, more of the older stray cat stuff and solo albums. But the dude is awesome at what he does. Hell yeah, put them in rotation. And i did not know tnn went to spike, shadetree, lol. I remember that.

Comment

Comment

Yeah, it went from the Nashville Network to the National Network and then to Spike(after Spike Lee lost his crybaby lawsuit) details on Wiki

Comment

You would have really dug the recent Jeff Beck concert. He is touring with Imelda May and doing the tribute to Les Paul and rockabilly.

I was expecting a typical 2.5 hr Jeff Beck guitar solo and was surprised with a much different show than expected- not saying it was bad just not my cup of tea.

Setzer rocks though- He did some work with Paul Rodgers (Bad Company) on a tribute to Muddy Waters and it was kickass

Comment

Yep. Setzer is badass.

Comment

The Vavoom album by the Orchestra is more rockabilly than swing revial, though there is still a good amount of that. His solo stuff and the Stray Cats fuckin' rock though. I haven't seen that concert with him, Jeff Beck and Imelda May yet, though I want to as all three of those people are just flat out excellent.
                How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

I saw them play with Pretenders, ZZ top at the zoo amphitheatre in OKC. Was awesome, It was so hot at that show, the vendors ran out of water, like 100 plus, very little shade, but it was worth it. I say i dont like the swing/ big band, but i do own all the albums. Even Lee Rockers stuff.

Comment

I thought TNN turned into WGN?
                    Wanna see my care face???

Comment

The best guitarist on TNN was Joe Elmore!
                      CD Baby - Independently distribute to Spotify, Apple Music, iTunes, Amazon, YouTube, TikTok, Pandora & more. Make money from your songs worldwide on 150+ trusted platforms.

eh....yeeesh.....

Comment

TNN was the shit!!

Comment

Originally posted by ELD3782 View Post
                          TNN was the shit!!
                          Truth.
                          2006 Z71 CCSB
                          2004 Mustang GT - SOLD
                          2003 F-150 - SOLD
                          2000 Ford F-250 - SOLD
                          1987 GT - SOLD