Renta Cop vs Skaters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
    I would have threw a right cross and knocked his old ass out.
    solid.

Comment

Every time I've encountered a boarder, I've just kindly explained to them that the owner of the property doesn't want them there for either damage or liability reasons, and they are shocked that someone actually talks to them without being an ass. I've never had a problem out of anyone I've ever come across, and this is year 20 for me.

You start off with some simple respect, and 9 times out of 10 it is returned.

There's no reason for this to take place.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
        Every time I've encountered a boarder, I've just kindly explained to them that the owner of the property doesn't want them there for either damage or liability reasons, and they are shocked that someone actually talks to them without being an ass. I've never had a problem out of anyone I've ever come across, and this is year 20 for me.

Exception to the rule. Most cops come in with attitude.

I lived in a small upper end community in Georgia as a kid and there were kids with skateboards and kids with BMXs. The cops were pricks and automatically assumed they would have issues with 12 yr olds. There was never any respectful requests, just pissy demands which turned into us running from the cops.

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
          I think skaters do get a bad rap. I figured it also stems from businesses not wanting to be liable if they fall and break their neck on the busunesses property.
          The whole liability thing has gotten out of hand. Its bs. If I get hurt in walmart, I wouldn't sue them. This kind of thing needs to be fixed. You shouldn't have the ability to sue someone because you are on their property.

Comment

A logical person with a badge.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
              I would have threw a right cross and knocked his old ass out. Or something 80s like that.

Well, the security gaurd did come talking that trash, so they shoulda pulled his card.

Comment

It doesn't matter if they are students or not. If they are not using the propty as intended or allowed, the security guard, acting as an agent can direct them to leave. If they don't leave on verbal notice, it is then a criminal trespass.
                So, if he didn't tell them to leave before the video started, then what possible repercussions are there for him pushing the kid off the board? Assault, possibly? Again, based off the assumption that what we see in the video is the first contact made by Barney Fife.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                  So, if he didn't tell them to leave before the video started, then what possible repercussions are there for him pushing the kid off the board? Assault, possibly? Again, based off the assumption that what we see in the video is the first contact made by Barney Fife.
                  Possibly, but highly doubtful that the first of the video is the absolute genesis of the incident.

The push could be an assault by contact (about a $500 ticket), but not some federal civil rights violation unless the security guard is in fact a commissioned police officer.

Comment

Fair enough. I don't know what I'd do in the situation, but I can guarantee I'd be pissed.

Comment

DPD would have shot them and gang raped their lifeless bodies!

Comment

Working...
                      X