No announcement yet.

Making trailer parks look classy..Maui style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my dad built A barn off A container trailer like this, I have to say when he 1st started I told him he was A nut. I'll snap some pics Thursday when I go up there. I have to give it to him though, it turned out awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
      I'd live in a fucking shoebox if it meant I got to live in Hawaii...
      I practically do...but with the car collection we've had between myself and the roomies, Im pretty sure the neighbors think we're drug dealers.

Comment

Those containers are not cheap though are they?
        Originally posted by MR EDD
        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
          Not over here. I'm not sure about stateside.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
            Originally posted by Denny View Post
            Not over here. I'm not sure about stateside.
            I can get basically new 45HC's (8'W-9.5'H-45'L) for around $2500 out here. I've got a rental company in Jersey that hooks it the fuck up. I may grab an acre and rock a conversion just to quit paying rent if I stick around for very long.
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
              I can get basically new 45HC's (8'W-9.5'H-45'L) for around $2500 out here. I've got a rental company in Jersey that hooks it the fuck up. I may grab an acre and rock a conversion just to quit paying rent if I stick around for very long.
              I'm going to need to talk to you when I get back for good.

Comment

http://texasairparks.aviationacres.c...75977&SI=43578

http://www.floridahangarhome.com/outside.shtml

Hangar Homes Bitches!

Comment

I'm going to need to talk to you when I get back for good.
                  Right on. I'll be here for a while.

Comment

Right on. I'll be here for a while.
                    Stay... staaaaay.

Comment

Stay... staaaaay.
                      I laughed.

Comment

I'll one-up that with a quick-up bunker.
                        Created specifically for erosion control, containment and shelter applications, Concrete Canvas? products are part of a revolutionary class of...

Comment

Hell, even for just a storage building that seems like a rocking good deal. Only issue is their width - hard to store bigger things and keep a walkway.

Comment

Edit, I was looking and there is a Texas company that sells at a similar price. Although, I don't think they were 20' foot long. I'll keep this post for this google link...

Can't find the specific site. I iwll post it when i do. It gave some examples for barns and such.

Edit...

Here at out of Waco

Sea Containers, Shipping Containers, Storage Containers, Steel Containers, for sale

Comment

1800-2500 delivered is a good price. If you hit up houston every now and then you can catch them even cheaper. Design, Rent a crane for a day, place them, then the rest is up to you and a welder. Price all depends on how nice you want to make it. I have seen some built EXTREMELY cheap that are amazing places, then some go into the millions. Depends on the person.

Comment

They're pretty thick steel, too, so you can always stick-weld them together at the edges, and cut out the walls between them if you need more room. I've seen some dudes do that for hunting cabins, lol. You'd want to leave a lip on the inside for rigidity, though, and weld that together. It looks ugly when it's going together, but the flooring and insulation/drywall will cover it. If you want it on a slab though, you either have to run the utilities outside, or pour a perimeter slab and leave a crawlspace. My stepdad is an architect, and I'm always trying to talk him into a project involving these or pre-fab buildings or something. I want an excuse to come back to Texas, but only when I can make more, or be my own boss. FWIW, I can probably get them cheap as fuck out of Houston and NO, I just haven't leveraged any connections. My uncle runs a heavy equipment company selling (amongst other things) gantry cranes, so he may know some shipping companies that would hook it up.

Comment

Working...
                                X