HUMVEE motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HUMVEE motor

This is in the shop next door to me. None of the "Joes" are here yet so I snapped these. Pretty cool looking.

Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

gm 6.5 litre timebomb.......
    pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Im confused on what the cool part is?

Comment

I've never seen one apart and it was just BAM laying on the table outside my door. Unexpected to me to see it since it wasn't there when I left yesterday.

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Those things are POS's

Comment

Yep, major turd.

Comment

No doubt they are turds. You basically have to floor the up-armour trucks to get them to move. I don't even think they are turbo'd.

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Low power, poorly executed torque converter and transmission, constantly overheating trans fluid, poor gear ratio and just an all around bad design for a truck that weighs 2-3 times what it was originally designed for.

I was taking a trip up a mountain from FOB Tillman to the OP and the ride was not fun. Going UP the transmission overheated so bad it filled the cab with burnt transmission fluid fumes. Going back down the brakes were overheated and barely keeping us from running away down the mountain side. Not a fun trip that was.
                Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

camshaft is dangerously close to the edge of the table for me
                  first class white trash

Comment

Originally posted by forbes View Post
                    camshaft is dangerously close to the edge of the table for me
                    Nah, it's good.

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Look at those pistons!!!!! shit that's cool

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                        Low power, poorly executed torque converter and transmission, constantly overheating trans fluid, poor gear ratio and just an all around bad design for a truck that weighs 2-3 times what it was originally designed for.

I was taking a trip up a mountain from FOB Tillman to the OP and the ride was not fun. Going UP the transmission overheated so bad it filled the cab with burnt transmission fluid fumes. Going back down the brakes were overheated and barely keeping us from running away down the mountain side. Not a fun trip that was.
                        Thats probably why there are at least 150 of them in this damned motor pool. It's a damn sea of these things. 90% have shit missing off them too so you know they aren't moving anytime soon.

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Hated the early Hummers with the non turbo motor. I had a 4 door wagon I bought years ago to make some money on. Driving it home I wanted to set it on fire. Only thing worse then accelerating in one is stopping. Every stop that thing would rock back and forth so much that I got sea sick.
                          I tried very hard to not sell it to the single mom that wanted it but she didnt care how crappy it was, she just wanted big.
                          Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Originally posted by Grape View Post
                            gm 6.5 litre timebomb.......
                            10-4 i have a 94 blazer with the 6.5 and lemme tell yeah... it's in need of a gas motor bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                              Thats probably why there are at least 150 of them in this damned motor pool. It's a damn sea of these things. 90% have shit missing off them too so you know they aren't moving anytime soon.
                              150 is a pond, you wanna see a sea of humvees? check out the staging areas in Iraq and kuwait.
                              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Working...
                              X