My new (to me) car...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new (to me) car...

Will get better pics once it's cleaned and it's not night time. 2008 Mazdaspeed3 GT, only options missing are the sunroof and nav, neither of which I care for anyway. Let me know what you think.

Nice ride. I hear they're a lot of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil View Post
      Will get better pics once it's cleaned and it's not night time. 2008 Mazdaspeed3 GT, only options missing are the sunroof and nav, neither of which I care for anyway. Let me know what you think.
      Fun ass cars to drive... I looked at 2010 before getting my GTI, but couldn't get over the new looks. Daily drove an 04 Mazda 3 hatch for a few years without issue.

If you start modding it, be prepared to upgrade the HPFP, you can hit the limits of the fuel system pretty quickly.

Comment

Fun little cars. Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
          Nice ride. I hear they're a lot of fun.
          It's a blast! I can't wait for my 25 mile one-way commute tomorrow.

Comment

Nice. It was between that, and my ss/tc when i was shopping. Love them both.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jakesford View Post
              Fun ass cars to drive... I looked at 2010 before getting my GTI, but couldn't get over the new looks. Daily drove an 04 Mazda 3 hatch for a few years without issue.

If you start modding it, be prepared to upgrade the HPFP, you can hit the limits of the fuel system pretty quickly.
              Yeah, I hate the 2010+ styling. They have the same motor and make the same horsepower. This one has low miles and I basically stole it, so I'm really happy with it.

I've read some things about mods. It's already got a mazdaspeed cold air intake which supposedly frees up quite a bit of power.

Comment

Yeah, the drive was great this morning. The turbo was loving the 40 degree temps

Comment

nice lil gas saver there
                  Carl S.
                  2014 Ruby Red Premium GT A6, stock for now
                  80 Coupe, Stroked 9.2" Windsor, Yates C3, Dominator, glide, 9.60s n/a, 1.27 sixty 5.48@127.8 nitrous on radials.
                  9.32@128 pedaling it half track
                  sigpic

Comment

Looks cool

Comment

Looks fun.

Comment

Fun little cars and unexpectedly quick. Mazda always made a nice chassis so you know the car corners well.

I forget, do those have the integrated stereo with the climate controls and stuff?
                        I hate that all new car companies do that, makes stereo installation such a PITA.
                        Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
                          Fun little cars and unexpectedly quick. Mazda always made a nice chassis so you know the car corners well.

I forget, do those have the integrated stereo with the climate controls and stuff?
                          I hate that all new car companies do that, makes stereo installation such a PITA.
                          Yes . I wanted to install a double din nav unit, but I haven't done enough research to see what people do about the aircon and what-not. Friend had one in her cx7 and the clock on the factory LCD display changed, and she couldn't change it unless she put the stock unit back in, so I'm not sure if there's someone who has fixed it or is specializing in this yet.

Comment

kick ass... no roof, no nav... just the way I like 'em!
                            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post

(
                              Yup, that is the same chassis as the Euro Ford Focus. Pretty kick ass credentials right there.

Comment

Working...
                              X