Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Blown" Reporters, Watersports, and high speed passes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Blown" Reporters, Watersports, and high speed passes...

HOLY SHIT!

LMAO "I won't flinch"

David

Comment

hoooooo fucking raaaaaaaaaaahh baby!

Comment

I've seen all those. The TCU one gives me chills. How AMAZING.
        I was at the end of the runway in Balad for 4 months. I never ever got tired of the f-16s taking off. At night, the afterburners were longer than the entire aircraft. Never got old.
        DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Fuck ya!! There's nothing like a good jet flyby!

Comment

Re-post I'm sure... But I don't give a fuck...

Frak... Embedding disabled... Bastards....

Comment

Originally posted by 88Kaufmann View Post
              Re-post I'm sure... But I don't give a fuck...

Frak... Embedding disabled... Bastards....
              Is there a story behind having to come in at that angle and the late turning right before touching the ground?

Awesome vids. Enjoyed them all. I could watch these all day long.

Comment

Originally posted by GT Fanatic View Post
                Is there a story behind having to come in at that angle and the late turning right before touching the ground?

Awesome vids. Enjoyed them all. I could watch these all day long.
                From wiki:

With numerous skyscrapers and mountains located to the north and its only runway jutting out into Victoria Harbour, landings at the airport were dramatic to experience and technically demanding for pilots. The History Channel program Most Extreme Airports, ranked it as the 6th most dangerous airport in the world.

Kai Tak was located on the west side of Kowloon Bay in New Kowloon, Hong Kong. The vicinity is surrounded by rugged mountains. Less than 10 km to the north and northeast is a range of hills reaching an altitude of 2,000 ft (610 m). To the east of the runway, the hills are fewer than 5 km away. Immediately to the south of the airport is Victoria Harbour, and further south is Hong Kong Island with hills up to 2,100 ft (640 m).

When Kai Tak closed there was only one runway in use, numbered 13/31 and oriented southeast/northwest (134/314 degrees true, 136/316 degrees magnetic). The runway was made by reclaiming land from the harbour and had been extended several times since its initial construction. The runway was 3,390 m long when the airport closed.

At the northern end of the runway, buildings rose up to six stories just across the road. The other three sides of the runway were surrounded by Victoria Harbour. The low altitude maneuver required to line up with the runway was so spectacular that some passengers claimed to have glimpsed the flickering of televisions through apartment windows along the final approach.

Comment

Love the A-10.
                  "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

One of my favs.
                    2009 Chevy Tahoe LTZ

2011 GMC Terrain SLT2

2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Orange Madness

Ban count: 2

Comment

Working...
                    X