Sprint Car Races

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by openroadracer View Post
    Cool, my son and i will be there too. be sure to get the reserved seats so you can have a seat with a back on it. those steel benches get hard on the ass after a while. we always sit in section A towards the top.

LOL..I know what you mean on the benches. Will definitely get some reserved ones.

Comment

Thanks guys I'm going to look into catching a few races this season with the kiddo. I've only ever been to a few in Michigan when I visit my family, hadn't been down here yet.
      Originally posted by Nash B.
      Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

this is a real go-kart. whatever those things are with roll cages are for faggots.......and ASCS just had their spring nats at the bowl last weekend

pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

The WoO late models are going to be at Lonestar speedway in Kilgore this weekend. It's not the sprints, but I like late model racing! I've been going to the area dirt tracks since I was a kid. Wow I just checked Devil's Bowl's website and they are not running a weekly sprint series anymore! The car count must have totally died out.
          92 LX 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by bobs94formula View Post
            Wow I just checked Devil's Bowl's website and they are not running a weekly sprint series anymore! The car count must have totally died out.

yeah i saw that a few weeks ago. it's pretty much street stocks and modifieds with enough late models for a couple heat races and a main.

i pretty much only hit the ASCS shows when they come through.
            95 Rio Red Cobra#3881

http://www.bborr.com/2013/2013results.html#115

Comment

Originally posted by bobs94formula View Post
              The WoO late models are going to be at Lonestar speedway in Kilgore this weekend. It's not the sprints, but I like late model racing! I've been going to the area dirt tracks since I was a kid. Wow I just checked Devil's Bowl's website and they are not running a weekly sprint series anymore! The car count must have totally died out.
              if these folks don't understand whats involved in getting a late model to get up on the bars, they can't appreciate late model racing.
              pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Went to the ASCS Spring Nationals last Friday night at Devil's Bowl. They had 52 sprint cars race that night. Had a great time. Missed going to the Chili Bowl this year but made it last year. That is some seriously fun sprint car racing.

Comment

mini sprints have motorcycle engines in 'em. I don't know what this carts are called, but mini sprint isn't it lol.

If you want to see a lot of GOOD sprint car races, come up to PA and I'll show you where it's at. The best part for me, being a racer in PA, is the availability of good parts for cheap.

As far as the weekly bowl sprit racing is concerned, Lanny killed the class because he was running a rules package that they only ran at the bowl and Laughton, OK (sic?) and since the sprint guys couldn't go race with the ASCS if they wanted to, and there was/is a lot of ASCS 360 rules in the area, car counts suffered. Last year he tried running the 305's to start running that class, but the first night there was someone in the top 3 that was light and they didn't get DQ'd, so inconsistent rules enforcement killed that before it got off the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                    Those first few pictures are go-karts, not mini sprints. For those of you that are interested the series I used to run with before moving to PA will be at Devio's Bowl on May 14th.
                    I may have to attend this. I use to pit crew for a guy that ran mini sprints out at uhhh shit use to be next to Yellow Belly, and sportsdrome I think (hell I was like 12). Nothing like your arm being on fire and not knowing it after a backfire with alcohol. LOL I havent been in years but we use to go out to just random tracks every weekend but Devils Bowl was the favorite. I remember cheering Sammy Swindell on at the sprints. Oh and nothing like a good ole smash up derby or figure eight course for halftime.
                    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Jeff Swindell dominated last Friday night on the first night of the two night event. Sad to see the Sprints fading away at Devil's Bowl. I went weekly for years but I may only visit twice this entire year. Was nice back in the day to go see the World of Outlaws at Devil's Bowl. My uncle has an extremely nice modified midget up in Kansas City that I have driven twice and it is a fucking blast but also a handfull. He doesn't race it anymore because of his age but doesn't want to turn loose of it either. I believe it has a GSXR engine in it. We are talking about meeting in Salina, OK for the Outlaws event this year and then I should be in K.C. when they visit Lakeside Speedway.

Comment

Working...
                      X