No announcement yet.

Cheap shots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems like you're being way too overbearing.

Is there a jewish mother hidden in there? LOL. I understand not wanting your kid to get hurt, but hell look at what we've all lived through.
    Last edited by lowthreeohz; 03-30-2011, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
      It is the same shit in football. Hitting someone in the back for a chance to make the highlight reel that doesn't exist. I used to just wait until the next chance on the field and unload on the mother fucker who hit me. Then while getting up, step on his fucking throat"sorry buddy"....
      Fixed.

Comment

I had to have surgery on my right knee due to cheap shot *after the whistle* on a play. I never played ball again after that. The whole 'that's sports' bullshit I'm hearing is ridiculous. The pussies that usually take cheap shots when the game is not in progress are the pussies that can't hold their own when it is.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

The problem is that hockey is not sponsored by the school districts. I don't see it happening any time soon either due to operating costs. If it was it would be easier for them to clean it up.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
            The Martin player (#20 or #26) slides body in sideways so that his entire side makes contact in a cheap hit, but then Keller #3 Braxton Mills leaves his skates to deliver a blow to the head. In hockey, you NEVER leave your skates (jump in the air) to deliver a hit because it delivers the maximum momentum and usually causes injury. That's why is is specifically forbidden in USA Hockey rules.

I hope #3 is charged with assault, and depending on the injury, felony assault.

It is sad to say, but it will take a kid going to jail to clean up hockey since the refs in this area are uncapable of controlling a game.

I made a complaint to www.MHOA.org and they ignored it. Nothing was ever done, and I did not even get an email acknowledging they recieved the DVD I sent them.
            I get what you're saying, but it does not matter that he left his feet and the other kid did not. They both tried to deliver cheap shots, and they should be charged the same if charged. That's like saying you punched me in the face, so I hit you back and broke your nose...I don't know legally how that works, but in common sense, it's the same act by both people.

It sucks that this shit happens, but don't be a piece of shit and it wont happen to you. The kid who got laid out, never would have had it happen if he wasn't trying to be a POS and cheap shot another kid.

I would never start shit in a basketball game, but if you undercut my teammate/my friend, any good player will retaliate for his team. It happens in every sport on the pro level... so the example is being set there.

Comment

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
              Seems like you're being way too overbearing.

Is there a jewish mother hidden in there? LOL. I understand not wanting your kid to get hurt, but hell look at what we've all lived through.
              I know way too many people like CJ that have been hurt by cowardly shots like this.

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
                Justice served...I played in KHS sports, we defend our own, granted it was excessive...

Go Indians!
                I hope someday you are on the recieving end of some of this "justice".

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                The cock sucker got what he deserved.
                Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                i dont see the problem....they all want to act tough and fight, and dude got knocked the fuck out. guard your grill
                So, it's not right for the police to dish out justice, but it's OK for a team mate? What about letting the officials handle the initial infraction? Vigilante justice is OK as long as you are the ones dishing it out?

What a bunch of two faced opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by akfodysvn View Post
                  I get what you're saying, but it does not matter that he left his feet and the other kid did not. They both tried to deliver cheap shots, and they should be charged the same if charged. That's like saying you punched me in the face, so I hit you back and broke your nose...I don't know legally how that works, but in common sense, it's the same act by both people.

It sucks that this shit happens, but don't be a piece of shit and it wont happen to you. The kid who got laid out, never would have had it happen if he wasn't trying to be a POS and cheap shot another kid.

I would never start shit in a basketball game, but if you undercut my teammate/my friend, any good player will retaliate for his team. It happens in every sport on the pro level... so the example is being set there.
                  I never said that only one should be charged, I think it would do the sport well for both to be made examples of.

As far as legally goes, the level of offense is determined by the injury. Section 22.01 Texas Penal Code.

Just because grown adults that get paid millions to play do it, doesn't make it right for high school stundents to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                    Yes. They had about seven different angles on the news last night. That kid came flying in and tried to hurt someone then as he is strolling away he got taken out.
                    Which channel was this?

The point is that he was blindsided by an elbow to the head. I know most people on here don't know hockey, but of those two hits, both of which were illegal, the last one was by far the most severe.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                      I had to have surgery on my right knee due to cheap shot *after the whistle* on a play. I never played ball again after that. The whole 'that's sports' bullshit I'm hearing is ridiculous. The pussies that usually take cheap shots when the game is not in progress are the pussies that can't hold their own when it is.
                      i know your pain all to well. had the same damn thing happen to me. took me out of the sport for ever..

Comment

I liked this little tidbit of misleading info from one of the articles:

Keller finished the regular season as the third least penalized team in the Metroplex and Mills had only taken three minor penalties throughout the course of the season. Martin, on the other hand, finished the most penalized team in the area. SoRelle had only tallied eight penalty minutes in the regular season.

As far as touting Keller as a "clean" team, that's BS. Keller has at least one or more players that play Junior hockey (where fighting is allowed) and when you have that, you have players teaching other players how to hit/slash/etc and get away with it. Take a look at one of the Keller players in one of his Junior games that I shot:

That's Cole Davis, the same player that is the same number (51) on the Keller team:

Comment

I never said that only one should be charged, I think it would do the sport well for both to be made examples of.

As far as legally goes, the level of offense is determined by the injury. Section 22.01 Texas Penal Code.

Just because grown adults that get paid millions to play do it, doesn't make it right for high school stundents to do it.
                          Actually you did... you only mentioned that #3 should be charged... but I know what it's like when you're on here, you forget to type things that you're thinking. They both should be charged or not at all.

the pro example was more of what examples are being set for them, however I still think you must protect your team in certain situations, not all.

However your argument seems to be biased one way over the other... and it's probably because you know this team to be "dirty". Personal investment in these sots of things don't allow you to make a clear/unbiased opinion, and clearly you have investment w/ your child on the line.

I think the law is bogus that one kid can lay himself out trying to hurt someone, and luckily not hurt anyone, however when the same shit happens to him, it's so much different, when in reality its the exact same shit

Comment

Which channel was this?

The point is that he was blindsided by an elbow to the head. I know most people on here don't know hockey, but of those two hits, both of which were illegal, the last one was by far the most severe.
                            Dammit I think it was Fox. They had a bunch of different angles from camera phones and other stuff. They just kept running it over and over again. The kid that got knocked out boarded the hell out of another kid that had his head down facing the boards. He hit him hard too, so as you well know he could have broken his neck. Hell thats when you hear the crowd freak out at first. His buddy also boarded the hell out of that other guy right before that he just didnt have a running start.
                            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by akfodysvn View Post
                              Actually you did... you only mentioned that #3 should be charged... but I know what it's like when you're on here, you forget to type things that you're thinking. They both should be charged or not at all.

the pro example was more of what examples are being set for them, however I still think you must protect your team in certain situations, not all.

However your argument seems to be biased one way over the other... and it's probably because you know this team to be "dirty". Personal investment in these sots of things don't allow you to make a clear/unbiased opinion, and clearly you have investment w/ your child on the line.

I think the law is bogus that one kid can lay himself out trying to hurt someone, and luckily not hurt anyone, however when the same shit happens to him, it's so much different, when in reality its the exact same shit
                              I was thinking at the time that both should be charged, but either I wasn't clear, or I didn't make it clear.

I know BOTH teams can (like any other) play dirty. And, it's not the entire "team" but select individuals that like taking cheap shots. I have no preference one way or another over either team.

I fully agree with your last paragraph, but in reality that's not the way it works. Damages are taken into consideration when it comes to the severity of the offense.

I lay the responsibility on the outcome on the officiating. Like I said before, there should be more than one referree (there are two linesmen, but they don't call penalties). The #1 excuse for calls not being made is "I didn't see the xxxx" (whatever act). Little stuff gets missed and it snowballs into exactly what you have here.

The first penalty was called in the video (you see the ref's arm go up) and then the retaliation begins, and gets worse and worse.

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                                Dammit I think it was Fox. They had a bunch of different angles from camera phones and other stuff. They just kept running it over and over again. The kid that got knocked out boarded the hell out of another kid that had his head down facing the boards. He hit him hard too, so as you well know he could have broken his neck. Hell thats when you hear the crowd freak out at first. His buddy also boarded the hell out of that other guy right before that he just didnt have a running start.
                                Dallas news, headlines, weather, sports and traffic from KDFW FOX 4 News, serving Dallas-Fort Worth, North Texas and the state of Texas.

Another point is if these kids are seniors, and this is the last game, what are the consequences of a suspension?

I'd say less than half of 1% of Texas high school stundents go on to play college level hockey.

Comment

Working...
                                X