Cheap shots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap shots

This is what I worried about my son's freshman year playing Varsity hockey. He was 14 when the season started and he was playing against kids 17-18 years old.

Mansfield was in the same division as these two teams and this is how the state final ended. I hope someone in the High School Hockey league takes a serious look at this and cleans up the officiating in this league. There is only one referee to make calls during a game, so some of the cheap behind-the-play stuff gets uncalled and it gets out of control to this point.

I was told that one kid sustained a broken jaw, and another had a Grade 3 concussion.

I'd beat the FUCK out of someone if they did that to my kid. That's terrible.

Comment

18? Sounds like a fight I could finish if that was my kid.
      .....bro....

Comment

" im the only guy ever to take off his skate and stab somebody with it"

Comment

I thought, based on radio, it was during the game. That is a bitch hit.

Great fall by the guy in red at the end.

Comment

Personally, I believe HS SPORTS (hockey, football...whatever) should be about sportsmanship and competition. All the cheap shots, fights and so forth IMO should be afterwards. If poor sportsmanship is demonstrated, it should be severely punished.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

fighting is what makes hockey, hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D. Lil View Post
                Concur 100%, after the technical aspect, the strategy and so forth. I'm all for hits and so forth in HS hockey and sports overall where appropriate.
                Originally posted by MR EDD
                U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Wow.

Matt, I would really have a hard time letting my kid play hockey if he were going to be exposed to that before he's an adult. Especially Chandler, he's got potential for a great future ahead of him - that includes keeping his looks!

David

Comment

Bullshit man, those kids should never be allowed to touch ice again. Coming from a hockey family this absolutely get my blood boiling. I went to Plano where this shit was not fucking allowed. In the years I was there, and the 4 years my brother played varsity never once did I see Plano kids lose their cool in any situation, and it's because of the outstanding coaching staff.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                      Concur 100%, after the technical aspect, the strategy and so forth. I'm all for hits and so forth in HS hockey and sports overall where appropriate.
                      did you watch the fucking video?? look at the blindside 4 seconds in to the video to the kid just skating away. That is not hockey friend.

Comment

Fighting is one thing, and yeah its a part of the game. Both players are willing participants, both drop the gloves and if they're wearing masks, both take 'em off. That's fighting.

Clean checks are part of the game too.

But blind-siding somebody when they aren't expecting it is beyond chickenshit.

And one official per game at the high school level? In rec league and police olympics we had two (and frequently needed both). trublu's right, the behind-the-play nonsense can get out of hand real quick.

Comment

Is this the one trying to get into modeling? Hockey and modeling don't seem to mix, unless the agency likes crooked noses and missing teeth.
                          Men have become the tools of their tools.
                          -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Not when your kid is 15 playing with 19 year olds (worst case scenario). There is NO fighting allowed in HS hockey. Juniors yes, HS no.

Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
                            Wow.

Matt, I would really have a hard time letting my kid play hockey if he were going to be exposed to that before he's an adult. Especially Chandler, he's got potential for a great future ahead of him - that includes keeping his looks!

David
                            They are required to wear full face shields at this league. Even college hockey requires full face cages.

Originally posted by breedlove View Post
                            Bullshit man, those kids should never be allowed to touch ice again. Coming from a hockey family this absolutely get my blood boiling. I went to Plano where this shit was not fucking allowed. In the years I was there, and the 4 years my brother played varsity never once did I see Plano kids lose their cool in any situation, and it's because of the outstanding coaching staff.
                            Keller is known for cheap shots. I have a game video of one cross checking my son into the back throwing him into the boards head first. The one official on the ice says he didn't see it which is dead wrong. On the video he is watching the play and still claims he didn't see it.

Originally posted by JP135 View Post
                            Fighting is one thing, and yeah its a part of the game. Both players are willing participants, both drop the gloves and if they're wearing masks, both take 'em off. That's fighting.

Clean checks are part of the game too.

But blind-siding somebody when they aren't expecting it is beyond chickenshit.

And one official per game at the high school level? In rec league and police olympics we had two (and frequently needed both). trublu's right, the behind-the-play nonsense can get out of hand real quick.
                            I 100% agree with you.

Originally posted by MOSFET View Post
                            Is this the one trying to get into modeling? Hockey and modeling don't seem to mix, unless the agency likes crooked noses and missing teeth.
                            Yea, this is the one with a Model/Actor's card.

Comment

Originally posted by breedlove View Post
                              did you watch the fucking video?? look at the blindside 4 seconds in to the video to the kid just skating away. That is not hockey friend.
                              I watched all these videos last night and the poor inocent kid that got blindsided railed a kid that had his head down against the wall about 4 seconds prior to that. Not saying it was right but what he did could have done more damage.
                              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                              X