91 GT Track Car Build (LOTS OF PICS!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice job Matt! Car turned out great.

However, those mount/braces for the watts link would concern me. Knowing the side loads we can generate on the track, I would think those things are not nearly stout enough. I would suggest bracing them MUCH more. With those Nittos, you can easily see 1.4 G's....more with aero and grip like mine.

Love the Kona Blue!!!

Comment

Thanks Matt. I will investigate the bracing a little bit. As far as I know, this setup should be sufficient, but I can see your point. I know Griggs does not have anything as far as additional bracing, but maybe I can fab something in.

Also, I win the shiny penny! Check out the other thread with pics from TWS.

Comment

Originally posted by 91GriggsGT View Post
        Thanks Matt. I will investigate the bracing a little bit. As far as I know, this setup should be sufficient, but I can see your point. I know Griggs does not have anything as far as additional bracing, but maybe I can fab something in.

Also, I win the shiny penny! Check out the other thread with pics from TWS.
        I'd like to see how your modded up car would do against my stockish car around the track or field.

Comment

Originally posted by onemeangixxer7502 View Post
          I'd like to see how your modded up car would do against my stockish car around the track or field.
          Probably similar to how a purpose built drag car would do against a stock-ish car...

Comment

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
            Probably similar to how a purpose built drag car would do against a stock-ish car...
            My car is a stockish purpose built car . I bet I'd take ya. I need to get my track car some new shoes though. Cool build once again

Comment

Originally posted by onemeangixxer7502 View Post
              My car is a stockish purpose built car . I bet I'd take ya. I need to get my track car some new shoes though. Cool build once again
              Take him or take me? Because I sure hope you'd take me, I drive a Jeep...

Comment

His car, I guess its all driver mod. I'm no slouch but I love good competition. I always wanted to do a SCCA poopstain but got away from mustangs years ago!

Comment

bad ass
                  -Blaine

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                    Very cool build sir!
                    I was proud till he changed the color... Looked like the vert with a roof... Color change ftl... U had the best blue ford has ever made bro.

Good job on the Griggs though!

Comment

Originally posted by Purpillhaze View Post
                      No kidding, my pops has one sitting beside his house and I keep telling him he needs to do something like this. I get the "yeah, yeah, I know."

That is a cool build!
                      If its ultra blue like this track car was I'm a buyer... Lmk.

Comment

badass ride

Get your Portable ID!

Comment

Originally posted by STROKD View Post
                          If its ultra blue like this track car was I'm a buyer... Lmk.
                          No sir, it is um' was red and grey (gray). Now it is turning pink and light grey (gray) however that is spelled.

Comment

I thought about what color for a long time. I never was a fan of 2 tone cars. Yeah the blue was ok, but to me, the Kona Blue was better, plus I wanted one color.

The darker blue also helps hide some of the rubber marks that are now on it after TWS.

Comment

Originally posted by 91GriggsGT View Post
                              I thought about what color for a long time. I never was a fan of 2 tone cars. Yeah the blue was ok, but to me, the Kona Blue was better, plus I wanted one color.

The darker blue also helps hide some of the rubber marks that are now on it after TWS.
                              I hear ya... That car in a vert was my first car and its still in my family... Repainted with good two stage paint and three clears it looks a lot better than it dis off the showroom... Its a rare color combo, just sad to see u make it not the original blue...

Comment

Working...
                              X