Haven't had a FTP vid in awhile...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
    I'm not. I was just a little taken aback you'd actually try to spin this when the video is good enough to show the kid in no way deserved to be shot with whatever projectile it was the cops were using. Is it just a knee jerk reflex for you?
    Are you on crack? I did not try to "spin" this in the least.

The video is what it is, but like every other video, it can be altered/staged/edited to say whatever the presenter wants it to.

As far as your "Is it just a knee jerk reflex for you?" comment, that's a dickhead move. I have had the luxury of seeing situations from both sides, whereas I'd be willing to bet you've only seen one side. I in no way defended the actions of these officers from Brazil, only questioned the totality of the video. As in everything in life, we have the right to analyze the entirety of the circumstances, not just be spoon fed bits of information and be expected to swallow the producer's intent hook, line and sinker.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post

The video is what it is, but like every other video, it can be altered/staged/edited to say whatever the presenter wants it to.

As far as your "Is it just a knee jerk reflex for you?" comment, that's a dickhead move. I have had the luxury of seeing situations from both sides, whereas I'd be willing to bet you've only seen one side. I in no way defended the actions of these officers from Brazil, only questioned the totality of the video. As in everything in life, we have the right to analyze the entirety of the circumstances, not just be spoon fed bits of information and be expected to swallow the producer's intent hook, line and sinker.
      In this case, you both have seen the same side. To say we havent seen all the sides to it, or that it could be edited is just a representation of your bias. The video show a submissive minor and several officers who fire their weapons at him. Making a judgement based on that, I would say the officer's behaviour was unecessary. Pretty simple.

Comment

Ok smart ass, you know what I meant.
        LOL. At least your sarcasm meter is working.

Just the fact that the cop kept looking around to make sure there were no witnesses before he fires convinces me that he knew he was in the wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
          In this case, you both have seen the same side. To say we havent seen all the sides to it, or that it could be edited is just a representation of your bias. The video show a submissive minor and several officers who fire their weapons at him. Making a judgement based on that, I would say the officer's behaviour was unecessary. Pretty simple.
          Actually, it isn't. You see what the video wants you to see and nothing else. You cannot deny that it isn't edited.

What we see is as you described, a submissive minor. Each one of those "officers" are bigger than the kid and should have used no more that officer presence/verbal commands/open hand control on him from what we see.

Comment

That is such a crappy video one cannot come to any concrete conclusion.
            So you're saying, we don't know the whole story?

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
              So you're saying, we don't know the whole story?
              No shit, Sherlock. Do we ever?

Comment

No shit, Sherlock. Do we ever?

haha, just bustin your balls. The statement is pretty much a given for one of these threads.

Comment

More SS Junk.... Junk? Lol

Comment

Actually, it isn't. You see what the video wants you to see and nothing else. You cannot deny that it isn't edited.

What we see is as you described, a submissive minor. Each one of those "officers" are bigger than the kid and should have used no more that officer presence/verbal commands/open hand control on him from what we see.
                    How is it not? Your bias is to allow for the possibility of the officer's actions being justified, while others' bias in this thread immediately want to find the officers guilty. Every one has their own pov.
                    I'm going to assume you mean that it could possibly be edited and not the opposite. Yes it could be, I never said it was impossible. I said, with what we can see, it appears the officers actions were unecessary. Maybe not a "concrete conclusion", but I am not a judge, and this is an internet discussion forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
                      How is it not? Your bias is to allow for the possibility of the officer's actions being justified, while others' bias in this thread immediately want to find the officers guilty. Every one has their own pov.
                      I'm going to assume you mean that it could possibly be edited and not the opposite. Yes it could be, I never said it was impossible. I said, with what we can see, it appears the officers actions were unecessary. Maybe not a "concrete conclusion", but I am not a judge, and this is an internet discussion forum.

Believe it or not, I try to be totally unbiased. It is what it is. I may offer explanation, or justification, but it is not to be misinterpreted as bias.

I've already admitted that from what I saw, the reaction from the Brazilian Police was uncalled for.

Comment

Believe it or not, I try to be totally unbiased. It is what it is. I may offer explanation, or justification, but it is not to be misinterpreted as bias.

I've already admitted that from what I saw, the reaction from the Brazilian Police was uncalled for.
                        Fair enough. I agree that it could be altered to make to officers look bad, its just not my first thought when i see a video like that. I believe you, ive read enough of your posts to form the opinion that you are pretty level headed.

Comment

You are spinning the shit out of it by stating no "concrete conclusion" can be made. What conclusion I see is that a cop is pointing a weapon at an unarmed kid's head and then he's fired upon, however now I see you have come to a conclusion by stating the cops actions were "uncalled for."
                          There. That wasn't so hard now, was it?

Comment

I will fully agree with everything you say.
                            ***looks outside for snow***
                            Originally posted by MR EDD
                            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                              You are spinning the shit out of it by stating no "concrete conclusion" can be made. What conclusion I see is that a cop is pointing a weapon at an unarmed kid's head and then he's fired upon, however now I see you have come to a conclusion by stating the cops actions were "uncalled for."
                              There. That wasn't so hard now, was it?

This could have been a scene from a low budget production movie.

Comment

Yeah I didn't put much thought into sentence structure theatrics, but it seems to get the point across. Kind of...

Comment

Working...
                                X