Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Past

Guys.

Newb on the site. My site name is from what I owned/raced MANY moons ago back in Pa. in the early 70's, a 68' Hemi Roadrunner.
    Last night a good friend called and said he had some cell phone pics he was sending my way. He was with a friend at another guys shop, and were looking at some of the cars the guy had. My name was brough up and the car owner said "let me show you something!".. Well, this is what he uncovered! Only thing I see different is the wheels, ignition (ran Mallory back then) and the single white pin strip. Paint is original... My F-1 Procharged coupe just might be going up for sale!!!

Bill

Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Sweet.
    Big Rooster Racing
    1985 Mustang GT

Comment

whats under the covers!?!

Comment

Wow ! That's cool. And the memories come flooding back !
        Hope you can get her back. Good luck.

Comment

That thing is nice, what else is in there?

Comment

Originally posted by Clochy View Post
            whats under the covers!?!
            Don't have any info on what else he has stored. Only know he's been collecting "stuff" for the past 30 years.

Here's a little info on the car. I bought it off a friend in March of 70'. Had a little over 9k miles. I added the Mallory Ignition after getting tired of constantly replacing the points in the original distributor. 4:10's, JR headers, Erson cam, and I replaced the original shifter with a V-Gate.
            Car ran 12 flat/high 11's, which was damn good back then for a street car.

Bill

Comment

Welcome Bill.

Question: Isn't it blasphemy to have an auto behind a dual quad Hemi? lol

Bet you're missing yours right now.
              Bad azz rides man.

David

Comment

Whoa whoa whoa. That's here in PA?
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                  Whoa whoa whoa. That's here in PA?
                  LOL Yale!

I mean....that is the home of Carlisle after all.

Now, go scope it out and lets pool our coins and nab it up!

David

Comment

Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
                    LOL Yale!

I mean....that is the home of Carlisle after all.

Now, go scope it out and lets pool our coins and nab it up!

David
                    Someone give me some directions, and I'll go grab some pictures of it.
                    BTW: I'm 11 miles from Carlisle.

Comment

[QUOTE=cobrajet69;178761]Welcome Bill.

Bad azz rides man.

It is a 4 speed car.. the V-gate was an inline pattern shifter. Pulled a loop lever and pushed fwd to be in 1st, then straight back to second, fwd for third and back for forth. Hell of a lot better than the original shifter.

Yale.. guess your a young one. tons of those ole critters all over the part of Pa. where I'm from. Just have to know where to look! Will tell you that your on the wrong side of the state!

Comment

I'm still young, But the important thing is, I moved here 7 months ago, from Texas.

Comment

Thats right , I said Hemi ..

Comment

[QUOTE=68RR;178806]
                            Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
                            Welcome Bill.

Bad azz rides man.

It is a 4 speed car.. the V-gate was an inline pattern shifter. Pulled a loop lever and pushed fwd to be in 1st, then straight back to second, fwd for third and back for forth. Hell of a lot better than the original shifter.

Yale.. guess your a young one. tons of those ole critters all over the part of Pa. where I'm from. Just have to know where to look! Will tell you that your on the wrong side of the state!
                            I guess reading comprehension owns me.
                            I took it as though the car pictured was only a "similar" car, not your actual car. It also looks (from one of the pix) that the brake pedal is from an auto car. Plus, a bench seat/4-Spd car is not very common either.

Also, I'm familiar with the V-Gate. Had one in my `69, behind a Jerico trany.

David

Comment

[QUOTE=cobrajet69;178822]
                              Originally posted by 68RR View Post

I guess reading comprehension owns me.
                              I took it as though the car pictured was only a "similar" car, not your actual car. It also looks (from one of the pix) that the brake pedal is from an auto car. Plus, a bench seat/4-Spd car is not very common either.

Also, I'm familiar with the V-Gate. Had one in my `69, behind a Jerico trany.

David
                              Yep, the pics are of my car. Went back and took a closer look at the pedal shot. Sure does look like an auto brake set up. The base plate for the shifter is also different. Car was a 4 speed car when I had it. Actually, from what I remember, it was rather common with mopars to have a bench seat and a 4 speed.
                              The car was an oddball as far as options. It was a mid year car, hence the better interior. Also the fender mounted turn signals and chrome fender and rocker trim was not common.

Yale... No insult meant or implied! eastern part of the state does have better weather, and close to the "shore".

Bill

Comment

Working...
                              X