Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grind House

2 of the coolest movies ever made.

Death Proof, top 3 favorite movies. Infact, I at the Texas Chili Parlor on Sunday. YES
    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

You may dig this one. it wasnt shot on film, but its really good IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
        Death Proof, top 3 favorite movies. Infact, I at the Texas Chili Parlor on Sunday. YES
        They don't serve Lone Star, so I've never set foot in the place.

Comment

chartreuse!!!!

Comment

grind house rocks

Cobra #340 Mystichrome #73

Comment

Badass movie for sure!

Comment

I've eaten there several times. Sat in the same booth, too. Pretty decent chow. The manager was pissed at Tarantino because they didn't have enough footage so he had to borrow all the shit off their walls and build a set after they were done on location. When they brought it all back he intentionally had them screw everything back into the walls crooked. lmao! Talked to her for about an hour about it all. Pretty cool. The next time I went in most of that stuff was gone or back in its proper postion.

If I recall correctly, someone on the old board claimed that the Nova was bought from them.

Comment

Originally posted by gonzoss View Post
                  You may dig this one. it wasnt shot on film, but its really good IMO.

Fact: the Grindhouse movies were not shot on film either.

Edit: Well, the two they are referring to, anyway.
                  How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

I have to admit that I drank the Rodriguez & Tarantino Kool-Aid and then went back for seconds. I love the look, feel and stories of their movies. They just click with me.

Comment

Haven't seen them, but they are definitely on my short list. Love Tarantino.

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
                        Fact: the Grindhouse movies were not shot on film either.

Edit: Well, the two they are referring to, anyway.

Death Proof was shot on the Arri 435 with Fuji stock, and the Kodak rep I work with still to this day bitches that they went with Fuji and not Kodak both in shoot and print...Some footage was on the Genesis aswell. Dont know if any made it on the feature. I cant tell since it was heavy in post work.

Planet Terror was on the new(at the time)GenesisRGB camera from Panavision.

either way Digi or old school...I still love to talk about these two movies cause it slapped all those film instructors in the balls on what not to do in film making. Its awesome!

If y'all are ever in the uptown area. PM me and i can show ya how this stuff is done. Got film, files and booze!

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                          I've eaten there several times. Sat in the same booth, too. Pretty decent chow. The manager was pissed at Tarantino because they didn't have enough footage so he had to borrow all the shit off their walls and build a set after they were done on location. When they brought it all back he intentionally had them screw everything back into the walls crooked. lmao! Talked to her for about an hour about it all. Pretty cool. The next time I went in most of that stuff was gone or back in its proper postion.

If I recall correctly, someone on the old board claimed that the Nova was bought from them.
                          We sat in the booth that Jungle Jullia sent text mesages from (in private)
                          I noticed the sideways shit. Good to know

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                          They don't serve Lone Star, so I've never set foot in the place.
                          Is that because you cant afford, or because you cannot drink Shiner?
                          (Joke, I drink lonestar 5 days a week)
                          DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

I loved both of those movies, but my wife thought they were stupid. Shows what she fuckin' knows !

-Aaron

Comment

Is that because you cant afford, or because you cannot drink Shiner?
                              (Joke, I drink lonestar 5 days a week)
                              No it's because Shiner always was shit beer when I was in college, no matter how much they charge for it now!

I remember going to country bars in College Station and Corpus Christi, that had nickle Shiner nights. They couldn't give the stuff away. Then everyone became some sort of beer snob, and Shiner was the best piss on the planet.

If Pearl and Lone Star were good enough for my grand parents, they're good enough for me

Comment

Working...
                              X