Short video of my LS-coupe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short video of my LS-coupe.

Had a really busy weekend but managed to tear up the neighborhood for a few minutes. I will post better a better video this weekend hopefully. For those who don't know it is an LQ9 (6.0 version of the LS1, 345hp stock), 1 7/8th" longtubes, 3.5" h-pipe, th350 w/3800 stall, spooled 33 spline 8.8 w/3.73's, coil overs, tube everything, aerospace brakes, glass hood/trunk, 10pnt cage, blah blah blah... lots more to come in the power department.

I know it is a crappy video, the 28x11.50x15 et streets need some heat in them to hook and we were already late so I couldn't make a better video this weekend.

In case anyone here hasn't already seen a picture:

The hood is in the process of being painted now, had a 5.5" extended cowl on it and ditched it for a 2 inch cowl. Still gotta buy a cowl panel as well.

Notice the minor trimming required for plate

Lots of room

Car looks very good and I sure am glad that you are finally getting to enjoy it on the road!
    Keep us updated.

Comment

cool swap,ugly paint scheme

Comment

Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
        Car looks very good and I sure am glad that you are finally getting to enjoy it on the road!
        Keep us updated.
        Ya, spent lots of nights out in the garage. Nice to finally get to drive it.

Originally posted by onemeangixxer7502 View Post
        cool swap,ugly paint scheme
        It wouldn't have been my first choice, but it has started to grow on me. The paint work is really good, body is incredibly straight. I got the roller already painted so for the short term it is going to stay like this. Eventually I'd like to do it all silver or black. I like simple.

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
          Ya, spent lots of nights out in the garage. Nice to finally get to drive it.

It wouldn't have been my first choice, but it has started to grow on me. The paint work is really good, body is incredibly straight. I got the roller already painted so for the short term it is going to stay like this. Eventually I'd like to do it all silver or black. I like simple.
          I know the feeling, my curent car I didn't care for the color a lot but the $$ was right. Its now starting to grow on me though.

Comment

Sounds like my wife, she loves the hotrods but expects them to be all quiet non smelly. LOL

Nice and clean swap though.
            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

very cool, I bet that first drive had a smile on your face ear to ear

Did you ever get the fuel fitting to stop leaking?

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
                very cool, I bet that first drive had a smile on your face ear to ear

Did you ever get the fuel fitting to stop leaking?
                haha, ya, by using the aeroquip. as much as it pisses me off i am just glad it is leak free now. i was getting the impression that if this one leaked they were going to think i am just a moron and can't assemble fittings (hell, i started questioning that myself).

i do have a small coolant leak (only leaks when it is cooling down) from the thermostat (bought a replacement this weekend), and leaks from the output seal (not surprising since the tranny sat with a yoke in it for about 5 years before i put it in here), and around the pan (so I bought a new seal and filter/gasket).

Spent the weekend in the yard, building a garden for the lady, planting stuff, mowing, blah blah, I am exhausted. Oh, and my next door neighbor hates me

Comment

I've been waiting for a video for a while! Congrats on getting it finished. Make sure to post up a better video.
                  Wanna see my care face???

Comment

haha, ya, by using the aeroquip. as much as it pisses me off i am just glad it is leak free now. i was getting the impression that if this one leaked they were going to think i am just a moron and can't assemble fittings (hell, i started questioning that myself).

i do have a small coolant leak (only leaks when it is cooling down) from the thermostat (bought a replacement this weekend), and leaks from the output seal (not surprising since the tranny sat with a yoke in it for about 5 years before i put it in here), and around the pan (so I bought a new seal and filter/gasket).

Spent the weekend in the yard, building a garden for the lady, planting stuff, mowing, blah blah, I am exhausted. Oh, and my next door neighbor hates me

This is usually where Im a total dick and go find the quotes from the other board when you were planning the fuel system and I told you to get Aeroquip in the first place and you said it was too expensive. Im in a good mood today so Ill save it though

Im just messing around but Im excited for ya, thats a cool car and very nicely done too!

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
                      This is usually where Im a total dick and go find the quotes from the other board when you were planning the fuel system and I told you to get Aeroquip in the first place and you said it was too expensive. Im in a good mood today so Ill save it though

Im just messing around but Im excited for ya, thats a cool car and very nicely done too!
                      I really appreciate it. It is so nice not having to push that car anymore (I hate spools!)

Comment

Lots of room
                        holy radiator hose batman!

oh and yeah it looks good!!!

Comment

Originally posted by butt86 View Post
                          holy radiator hose batman!

oh and yeah it looks good!!!
                          ya, it's what i had to do if i wanted to keep the truck accessories. when this waterpump gives out i'll go to the fbody pump (already running the fbody alternator bracket (spaced out) and I have an fbody crank pulley so i'll just have to buy a fbody tensioner. then the hose will come out the right direction which will mean i can run a much shorter direct hose.

Comment

Comment

ya, it's what i had to do if i wanted to keep the truck accessories. when this waterpump gives out i'll go to the fbody pump (already running the fbody alternator bracket (spaced out) and I have an fbody crank pulley so i'll just have to buy a fbody tensioner. then the hose will come out the right direction which will mean i can run a much shorter direct hose.
                              you should do like I did and buy an aftermarket radiator that puts the top and bottom hoses on the pass side of the car.

your swap looks good I like it

truck accessories and water pump

1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Working...
                              X