My 1991 Jeep Wrangler resto.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1991 Jeep Wrangler resto.

I bought a ranch used 1991 Wrangler, white with a black hardtop from this guy who used it for a ranch vehicle. No rust, no dents no body damage of any sort. It drives well with no road walking, its a good jeep, until we found the issue for the motor. Turns out it was actually disintegrating from the inside out, and the brand new radiator was full of rust chips and flakes.

Yes, the motor had 195k miles on her, she lived a tough life but its time to bring her back to maximum operational capability.

Ill keep it updated with the progress.

Comment

can we at least get some tits for the waste of time we just spent looking at an "unrestored" jeep

RESIDENT ELECTRICIAN AND WIRING GURU!!!!

Comment

you idiot, Rusty, how much brain power does it take to compute the fact that its the start of the resto, considering none of its restored.

Comment

Its a 91 4 banger wrangler .... why bother "restoring" it?

Comment

Hope u got a good deal on it. Ur gonna have to dump some coin in it
            WRX

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
              Its a 91 4 banger wrangler .... why bother "restoring" it?
              Yeah, I'd rather see you beat the piss out of it on the trails.. What's to restore?

Comment

Yea I got a good deal on it.

Pokulski, its got the 2.5l AMC multiport injection 4 banger. This motor is a little beast.

Something different than the usual 6cyl or the 308.

Comment

Round eye > Square eye

Good luck with the resto!

Comment

Thanks Cannon!

Comment

throw a 5.0 in it and drive it or find a replacement engine out of another jeep the same year

my buddy has a 91 jeep renagade and we put a 302 w/ carburetor in it 10 years ago! its been a reliable jeep ever since

Comment

Originally posted by Clochy View Post
                        Yea I got a good deal on it.

Pokulski, its got the 2.5l AMC multiport injection 4 banger. This motor is a little beast.

Something different than the usual 6cyl or the 308.
                        Let me rephrase that again.

It is a 1991 Jeep wrangler with a 4 banger in it and almost 200k on the clock. Why not just put a cheap engine in it and lift it to use as a toy? There is no reason to "restore" a high mileage example of an anemic and dated Jeep. I love Jeeps a lot, but I am seriously questioning your level of intelligence. If you are going to restore something do a flat fender or an old willys or something.

Comment

here is a pretty good link on a swap
                          A forum community dedicated to British Columbia’s 4x4 owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!

Ford 302 engine swaps

Comment

Pokuski, my dear friend. If you think I'm going to just use that same motor, shame on you.

I like the looks of the 91, can't a guy like a jeep'round here without the criticism of 100 Jewish mothers?

Comment

Originally posted by Clochy View Post
                              Pokuski, my dear friend. If you think I'm going to just use that same motor, shame on you.

I like the looks of the 91, can't a guy like a jeep'round here without the criticism of 100 Jewish mothers?
                              Cool, build a nice toy with it. I just dont think it is deserving of a resto. Plenty of other great Jeep that could use that love.

Comment

Working...
                              X