Anyone own any baby pigs/hogs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone own any baby pigs/hogs?

I want to introduce my Lacy to some hogs... We have 158 acres of land with plenty of hogs but she is only 4 months old and can't take on a full grown hog.

I just want to get her introduced and let the baby hog nip at her a few times and set that trigger off in her brain.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5yYxVhPd0GU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I suck at the internet but can someone embed that video? Lol

What kind of dog is it? I can bring my dog out to show her how it's done!
    Wanna see my care face???

Comment

Comment

She is the State dog of Texas... Blue Lacy. She is only 4 months but she's ready. VERY dominate dog.

That's the crew.

Her @ 3 months old.

I've already got her started on tracking and trailing. I just need to introduce her to some pigs. Coyotes she already got the taste for.
        Last edited by papapepper; 03-01-2011, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
          LOL my dog gets all excited like that when I say squirrel or pig!

Comment

Originally posted by Blakeski View Post
            LOL my dog gets all excited like that when I say squirrel or pig!
            They're pretty quick but obviously not quick enough

Comment

Are you trying to train her to catch or bay pigs?

Comment

Are you trying to train her to catch or bay pigs?
                The dogs posted above are used for baying hogs. That's my pups sire 2nd to the left.

We don't own any pigs so I would just use her for catching/tracking but I need to get her familiar with a baby pig/hog first so she doesn't get herself killed. We own 158 acres and about 100 of it is swamps/wooded area we hunt on plenty of wild hogs and coyotes. The last thing I want is for her to try and take on 200 lbs of hog.

Comment

Originally posted by papapepper View Post
                  The dogs posted above are used for baying hogs. That's my pups sire 2nd to the left.

We don't own any pigs so I would just use her for catching/tracking but I need to get her familiar with a baby pig/hog first so she doesn't get herself killed. We own 158 acres and about 100 of it is swamps/wooded area we hunt on plenty of wild hogs and coyotes. The last thing I want is for her to try and take on 200 lbs of hog.
                  Ok I see where you're coming from, I just started a new job, but if you let me know when you go out next, I would be glad to come! I used to hunt deer, but lost interest now I only hunt hogs. My dog goes ape shit when I take him. If I even throw my gun up to aim he takes off running thinking there is something for him to get. I used to have a problem with him jumping up at the barrel, but I fixed that problem.

Comment

Ok I see where you're coming from, I just started a new job, but if you let me know when you go out next, I would be glad to come! I used to hunt deer, but lost interest now I only hunt hogs. My dog goes ape shit when I take him. If I even throw my gun up to aim he takes off running thinking there is something for him to get. I used to have a problem with him jumping up at the barrel, but I fixed that problem.
                    I'll be sure and let you know! Shoot me your contact information through a pm. I want my dog to act the same way and go pretty much ape shit over some hogs. She definitely has that prey drive 110%

She hasn't jumped at the barrel she stays clear of it now.

Comment

Working...
                    X