51 merc/96 grand marq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 51 merc/96 grand marq

This is a project my buddy is working on. Its a 51 merc and it is on a complete 96 grand marquis chassis with complete drive train.

Originally posted by Baron
    If I dissagree with you, it is because you are wrong.

God damn man, how long is he going to run that thing without a radiator and water running through the engine....while revving the piss out of it ??

I'm NOT feeling the late model dash in that car, but then again, I don't have to look at it every day.

I'm all for the idea of using a late model donor car for the chassis and everything, but the inside should actually look old, in my opinion.

Here's my buddy Troy's old car. '55 Buick Special on an '85 Caprice full chassis, channeled 6". I may do the same thing with my wagon, but run an LS engine.

-Aaron

Comment

Comment

I like it a lot! That will be a reliable cruiser when it's finished.

Comment

Whats up with that $500 sale? Jesus.
          DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

I always kept an eye out for a beat up Crown Vic or Grand Marquis to pull the frame and drivetrain out of to swap under my '52 Customline.

Figured they were both full frame cars and the wheelbase was right about the same. Think the track was kinda wide compared to the stock of the '52 though.

I wouldn't be using any of the interior or dash stuff like he used, looks like an ass load of work and wires.
            --Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
              Whats up with that $500 sale? Jesus.
              Haha ! Troy parked his car at my dad's shop on the north side of the shop where the road is, so we put a For Sale sign on his car just to fuck with him !! He thought it was funny.

-Aaron

Comment

How bad do the wheels rub when he turns? The trunk is a mess. And that dash is absolutely unforgiveable. But it is one of the most complete body swaps I've seen. They are usually a hacked up POS by the time the money and fun run out and it finds its way onto craigslist.
                When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

I guess that Buick is the same one that they just sold at Harwell? Pretty unmistakable.

sigpic

Comment

Yes sir , it is the same one. Troy worked here for awhile and I had a habit of buying his old rides

This one came from him too, I really liked this car.

Comment

That ad says it was channeled. Doesn't look channeled to me unless they only took about half an inch out of it. Maybe I need to see another one sitting next to it.

Comment

If you look at the picture of the door opening you can see it better.

Comment

my uncle had a friend that would put the old mercs on a sho platform
                          Originally posted by Yale
                          I want to give her a colonoscopy with my tongue.

Comment

You speaking of Tom Accord? He lives next door to my dad.
                            Doing enough racing for 99% of the board!

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                              That ad says it was channeled. Doesn't look channeled to me unless they only took about half an inch out of it. Maybe I need to see another one sitting next to it.
                              Eric, it was channeled 6" actually. Troy built the entire car at my dad's shop, and I helped on parts of it, so it's not falsely advertised.

Oh and, there is another one sitting next to it....the wagon is essentially the same car, just a nicer version (Century was the fancier version compared to the Special). My wagon has factory power steering and factory power brakes. The wagon is stock ride height for those cars.....the white car is the 6" channeled over the Caprice chassis at stock ride height version.

-Aaron

Comment

Working...
                              X