No announcement yet.

THIS is how you say "F.T.P."!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was sitting at the traffic light at Northwest Highway and Loop 12, when I felt a jolt. My truck had a gross weight of 78k. I didn't know I was rear ended, so looking in both mirrors, I seen air bag dust on my left side. Got out to investigate and there was a Ford Ranger with a crunched front end and a dazed driver. He told me he was reading direction to a job he had to go to and didn't realize I was stopped. He hit me at 32 mph and never touched the brakes. The impact pushed in my center tail light panel and took paint off my frame ends.

Comment

If the cop was at fault here, wouldn't that be a rearend accident since it was behind the rear tires of the tractor?

Comment

I think someone needs a defensive driving course. If I am around a truck, I use extra caution because I know they may not see me. Especially in a narrow lane or construction zone. If I did try to pass him on the right, I would have kept a close eye on him and if the truck started coming over, I would have been on my brakes hard if I was that close to the rear of his trailer. I try to constantly have a place where I can evade a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
          I think someone needs a defensive driving course. If I am around a truck, I use extra caution because I know they may not see me. Especially in a narrow lane or construction zone. If I did try to pass him on the right, I would have kept a close eye on him and if the truck started coming over, I would have been on my brakes hard if I was that close to the rear of his trailer. I try to constantly have a place where I can evade a problem.
          ^ This man gets it.

The only problem, there was no "out" in this situation. Those Jersey barriers are fukking heavy.....

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
            Not legitimate enough to squeeze in that spot that was clearly too small to fit through. And if he was in a hurry to get to a call, why no lights/siren?
            Because some calls are not dispatched as Code 3 calls.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
              Oh yea, remember there is no legitimate reason for a cop to try to get somewhere.

I hope your wife never gets jacked and has to call 911 and they take their sweet time in getting to her.
              Her getting jacked would be the same as someone trying to jack you(she's a fellow officer btw). I completely understand that the cop had somewhere to go and had to get there fast. I also understand the reason for speeding to call with no lights and sirens(people panic and get in your way). My only point is that I doubt the truck driver did it intentionally. He might of felt the impact but trucks rub those barriers all the time.I would hope no one harbours so much hatred for cops that they would run them into a barrier like that. To me it looks like the cop was entering the hwy and the trucker switched lanes at that time. Either way I still dont think the trucker ran into him intentionally. It maybe just my inner conscious believing that people are inherently good and wouldn't cause harm to cops.

Comment

Working...
              X