AOL Ad from 16 years ago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neil View Post
    Some people still can't get anything better than dial-up. I have a friend, in Virginia, just a shirt drive from DC, that can't get DSL, he can't get cable, he can't get fiber. He has to tether his phone to do anything on the Internet, and there's a cell tower only JUST WITHIN range for him to get half a signal. I feel sorry for him because he's an awesome gamer and an amazing knowledgable computer buff.
    I don't feel for the basics that dial up is that bad. Now if you're trying to VPN somewhere, transfer a file or two and use Outlook/Exchange and IPT - it's going to blow.

At that point satellite Internet would be acceptable.
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Some people still can't get anything better than dial-up. I have a friend, in Virginia, just a shirt drive from DC, that can't get DSL, he can't get cable, he can't get fiber. He has to tether his phone to do anything on the Internet, and there's a cell tower only JUST WITHIN range for him to get half a signal. I feel sorry for him because he's an awesome gamer and an amazing knowledgable computer buff.
      You can go with satellite. Its costly but way better than dial up.

Comment

OLD SKEEWL!!! I use to beat the shit out of my little brother for pickin up the phone

Comment

Originally posted by the spindoctor View Post
          lol, pages would load half and inch a second....then someone would call and bump you off.
          I forgot about that.

MySpace Tracker

Comment

There are other options for internet....satellite, radio...

Comment

AOHell FTW. I even got banned from AOL for using that app. I would also file connectivity reports a few times a week and receive extra minutes. When you get 10hrs those few extra hours count!
              IMG_0424

Comment

My cousin was on some BBS site about 20 years ago now. We were 13 at the time and I can remember he would use his modem to "call" other people on computers and inititate conversations one at a time, kind of like texting today. Except you would start with, "Anyone there?". LOL

He had a whole address book with modem numbers, I thought it was the dumbest shit ever.
                When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by Damnittsteve View Post
                  i got so much ass on those chat rooms
                  THIS......up until i got burned......then i decided it was time to raise the bar

RESIDENT ELECTRICIAN AND WIRING GURU!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RuStYpNuS View Post
                    THIS......up until i got burned......then i decided it was time to raise the bar

Herpes, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                      The sad thing is people still use dail up.

A guy at work finally upgraded to cable for his kids 6-7 months ago.

Could you imagine trying to load the websites of today with fucking dial up.

I'd walk to the library it would be just as fast.
                      My grandma just got hi-speed 3 weeks ago. It was dial up through AOL before then for the last 12 years.

Comment

Originally posted by SVT Lurch View Post
                        My grandma just got hi-speed 3 weeks ago. It was dial up through AOL before then for the last 12 years.
                        She's not going to know what to do with her spare 6 hours of the day now.
                        2014 GT
                        2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

It just amazes me that places even offer it.

I understand if they are in the sticks and thats all they can get.

But hell it cant be more than a 1.99 a month haha.

Comment

He's that knowledgeable, and he hasn't figured out how to move?
                            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Slow Five-O View Post
                              She's not going to know what to do with her spare 6 hours of the day now.
                              Haha, she found YouTube...she's good.

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                                He's that knowledgeable, and he hasn't figured out how to move?
                                Lol!
                                Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
                                Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
                                Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
                                You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Working...
                                X