Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clean

Comment

looks great. PM me your buddies number, I have some work I need done. Thanks
      If you can read this thank a teacher. If it's in English thank a soldier.

Comment

Bad ass looking Benz!
        Originally posted by Da Prez
        Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
        Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
          Turtle wax has been around since like the 60's-70's, for a reason. Nothing better!
          lol that'll make 'em vomit over on autopia
          WH

Comment

The stuff they use on my car is Croftgate and I have watched the stuff work in person many times. My car was the 10th one the did. Its not a forever thing, just 3-5 years depending on how the car is stored.
            I have learned that spray on quick wax is useless (thought I grabbed my detailer) as it just sits in beads and rolls off the coating. lol Since the car was just dusty I hit it with an air hose and it looked like a fresh wash.
            Stuff seems to work great.
            Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
              Nice looking car. But as for the ceramic coating, I'll reserve judgement. Gonna take a lot to convince me its any better than the high end waxes. If the waxes give a better shine, they automatically win. Cause even they still last about 3 months, some longer. Plenty.
              I think the money is in the prep work. Nano coatings do work and very well but your paint has to be pretty much perfect before it can be applied. The clay bar, buffing and wet sanding is why the car looks spectacular. Throw on a coat of any good wax and it'll look as good with the same prep work.

As for longevity that depends on how you treat the car. Most cars that have owners willing to drop $400+ on refinishing probably take better care of them than someone who thinks paying an extra $1 for the wax at the gas station wash is enough. Those beautiful cars you see as examples on the detailer websites usually belong to someone with several cars that are stored indoors and under a cover. It'll easily last for 4-5 years like that. Do it on a car that goes through automatic washes every week and it might last a year. Longer than turtle wax of course but then again it's more than 10% the cost.

Comment

Beautiful car man, congrats! Steel Gray Met?

Just be sure to keep the RPMs under the stratosphere, those 65 heads will drain your wallet with quickness if they need to be reworked.

David
                Last edited by cobrajet69; 03-02-2017, 09:30 AM.

Comment

How's that bad boy drive? Looks damn good. What's the performance like out of that V12?

Comment

how's it running? any new dyno numbers?
                    THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
                      I had a quick dance with one on the freeway in my Shelby and those things do run good for a heavy car.

David

Comment

i know they do, they are definitely highway cars where the weight becomes less of a factor..

*waiting for someone to start an argument.
                        THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

i know they do, they are definitely highway cars where the weight becomes less of a factor..

*It has to do with fluid dynamics

How's the C10 coming? Any progress?

Comment

Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
                            Beautiful car man, congrats! Steel Gray Met?

Just be sure to keep the RPMs under the stratosphere, those 65 heads will drain your wallet with quickness if I need to be reworked.

David
                            Thank you. The car is Designo Graphite. Its one of 2. RPM stays right at 6k between shifts except 4-5th where its about 5800 or 185 MPH.
                            Originally posted by Buick355 View Post
                            How's that bad boy drive? Looks damn good. What's the performance like out of that V12?
                            Best driving car I have ever been in in my life. The sheer luxury is amazing but the cars driving dynamics do not seem to believe in physics. A 5080lb car should not be able to do what this one does.
                            No real numbers as of yet. SpeedDriven sent it back improperly tuned so we knowcked the boost in half. Its at Eurocharged now. At half boost it could only manage 622rwhp and 780rwtq at 2800rpm.

That's pretty much right. They cant hook off the line. They are roll runners for sure.
                            Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                              I believe its just a marketing ploy to sell their paint protection. Some things I have heard and read about this new 'ceramic' is that it needs to be cured by IR lighting.
                              Zaino uses a 'clay/ceramic' type of ingredient in their product, when it dries and you wipe it off thats exactly what it looks like, clay. They also use aliphatic hydrocarbons to help it bond, apply and dry, the introduction of ZFX to help speed the curing process (no need for higher temps to apply or next day removal).
                              IMO these new products finally figured out Sal's/Zaino formula or even made it better. One thing they claim is that it can last the lifetime or years and some people have said that it must be wet sanded to remove, Zaino is a bitch to remove before repair painting by using Dawn and hot water or it will fisheye the BC/CC process.
                              This stuff is all over the place in price and it is gaining popularity, I haven't found anything that is better than Zaino, so I'll keep using it especially at the price point of $15.95 a bottle (Z-2).
                              Ah good to know.

Comment

Working...
                              X