F16 Deadstick landing....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
    You monitor VHF or broadcast over it as well? Ive never heard any military on VHF, even when flying through the bravo over DFW

Oh and BTW, how was IFS? I'm headed there late summer-early fall.
    Ive rarely hear military on VHF, and Ive flown around bravos all around the nation. Only time I hear them is in busy Non towered areas giving position reports.Mostly Helicopters though.

Comment

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
      You monitor VHF or broadcast over it as well? Ive never heard any military on VHF, even when flying through the bravo over DFW

Oh and BTW, how was IFS? I'm headed there late summer-early fall.
      I broadcast on VHF when doing practice approaches/patterns at civilian towered and non-towered airfields (Midland, San Angelo, Abilene for example). Basically anywhere where I think other traffic having SA on me is important. We actually use mostly VHF when we leave the Laughlin AFB local area just because we use UHF for interplane comm.

IFS was a blast! It definitely helps if you have previous time. Some people struggle, but it's not a difficult program. I partied my ass off in Denver every weekend.

I didn't know you were in the AF. Did you get accepted recently or are you doing the Guard/Reserve thing? Either way, congrats.

Comment

Hydrazine? Awesome.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by SC457A View Post
          That reminds me of the video when the '16 hits a bird and the pilots have to eject.

Just curious, how many hours/years of training does it take to be a f-16 pilot?
          About 31hrs. You can knock it down to 19 if you Clep out.

Comment

Originally posted by ZYouL8R View Post
            I didn't know you were in the AF. Did you get accepted recently or are you doing the Guard/Reserve thing? Either way, congrats.
            ROTC, commissioning in May.

Comment

Working...
            X