Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World's quickest powerstroke

2010 F-350 6.4L SRW CC 4X4

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

2012 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock........for now.

Nice!!!!!
    2 Chronicles 7:14
    If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

Needs more black smoke.

But really, that was badass.
      An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

makes me wanna fix up my f250

Comment

Nice, and it wasn't even the 7.3. I'm supprised

Comment

Originally posted by WesB View Post
            Nice, and it wasn't even the 7.3. I'm supprised
            7.3 suffers from the inability to get proper fuel. They have the retarded twin pump kits, but they still won't support the HP needed to via fuel.

I wonder what all that truck had done to it motor wise.

Comment

Damn...that's quite respectable!
              70' Chevelle RagTop
              (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
                7.3 suffers from the inability to get proper fuel. They have the retarded twin pump kits, but they still won't support the HP needed to via fuel.

I wonder what all that truck had done to it motor wise.
                It has quite a bit done to it. I believe he is still running the stock cams and stock heads. But he has the elite turbochargers that are a lot bigger then the stock ones plus he was running nitrous. I have no clue what shot though. Supposedly that truck will be in the mid 9's this summer.

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

Comment

Originally posted by Badass2000GT View Post
                  It has quite a bit done to it. I believe he is still running the stock cams and stock heads. But he has the elite turbochargers that are a lot bigger then the stock ones plus he was running nitrous. I have no clue what shot though. Supposedly that truck will be in the mid 9's this summer.
                  How many miles do you have on your 6.4? I keep thinking about selling my 7.3 and getting a 10. I drove one with the egr and dpf delete with the spartan tune on 275 and it was amazing other than I wish they were louder. He has the 325 tune too but said he rarely uses it. With the delete kits and the thermostat fix are there any other problems you have with them. I want one soo bad and my wife keeps telling me to get one but my truck starts and drives to work everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by green1995gt View Post
                    How many miles do you have on your 6.4? I keep thinking about selling my 7.3 and getting a 10. I drove one with the egr and dpf delete with the spartan tune on 275 and it was amazing other than I wish they were louder. He has the 325 tune too but said he rarely uses it. With the delete kits and the thermostat fix are there any other problems you have with them. I want one soo bad and my wife keeps telling me to get one but my truck starts and drives to work everyday.
                    Man I love my truck. I got it in June of '10 and I have 33k miles on it and not one problem. The 2010 trucks are probably the best 6.4's you can buy. They have figured out all the bugs with these trucks. It comes with the better head gasket designs and the better radiators that seems to be the problems with the early 6.4's. I run the spartan 300 tune as a Daily and I get about 19 mpg per fill up hand calculated. But I do about 90% highway driving. I don't think he has a 325 tune if he has a spartan tuner. They go from 310 tune to a 350 tune and that's it so far. Never heard of a 325 tune. But if I was you I would get one in a heart beat. I had a 97 psd with the 7.3 and it's like night and day between the two trucks. The 6.4's are built to make power. You don't have to change out anything to make the bottom end any stronger. It comes with over size head bolts which can hold up to 600 rwhp. And if you want to make the truck a little louder once you do exhaust, do a 4 inch downpipe. I could tell a big difference in the tone.

Comment

Those new 6.7's are supposed to be badass! I can't wait to see what people do to those!
                      68 Coupe- 351w, TFS heads, Comp XE284, 5 speed, Explorer 8.8, 4 Wheel Discs
                      63 Fairlane

Originally posted by forbes
                      i call 1911 first then 911

Comment

Originally posted by 351Coupe View Post
                        Those new 6.7's are supposed to be badass! I can't wait to see what people do to those!
                        Well, I hate to disappoint you but the performance guys are having trouble making close to 500 rwhp out of them. Supposedly there isn't enough airflow and the turbo isn't big enough or something like that for the big tunes. Maybe they can figure something out.

Comment

Originally posted by green1995gt View Post
                          Also if you are local around the D/FW area I can meet up with you so you can hear and ride in my truck if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Badass2000GT View Post
                            Well, I hate to disappoint you but the performance guys are having trouble making close to 500 rwhp out of them. Supposedly there isn't enough airflow and the turbo isn't big enough or something like that for the big tunes. Maybe they can figure something out.
                            I didn't know that. I do know that people are having good luck with the 6.4's, but from what I heard the 6.7s were the new big thing. I don't keep such a close eye on this diesel stuff, so I might be behind.
                            68 Coupe- 351w, TFS heads, Comp XE284, 5 speed, Explorer 8.8, 4 Wheel Discs
                            63 Fairlane

Originally posted by forbes
                            i call 1911 first then 911

Comment

Originally posted by 351Coupe View Post
                              I didn't know that. I do know that people are having good luck with the 6.4's, but from what I heard the 6.7s were the new big thing. I don't keep such a close eye on this diesel stuff, so I might be behind.
                              Yeah it was a big surprise to everyone on all the diesel forums. I mean the truck as only been out not even a year and it's a brand new engine. So I figure in another year or two the performance places will figure this engine out and this will be a whole other beast. But until then if you want a fast truck and you don't have to spend a lot on performance parts then the 6.4 is the only way to go.

Comment

Working...
                              X