Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No waves? Make your own...

This is nuts!

I'm confused as to how they did that, and where all that water was coming from.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil View Post
      I'm confused as to how they did that, and where all that water was coming from.

yea me to. it started off kinda of small then all of a sudden that had a nice wave thing. Looked fun as hell though.

Comment

grats on washing away the beach for a few hours of boogie boarding.

Comment

To me it looks like the river is at a higher elevation, they got the smaller trench started and then the water took over and did the rest. I assume it creates the waves by the two water sources meeting each other with opposite force. Very cool!

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
            To me it looks like the river is at a higher elevation, they got the smaller trench started and then the water took over and did the rest. I assume it creates the waves by the two water sources meeting each other with opposite force. Very cool!
            That's what I thought, but didn't know if it was a river, or a lake, or what. Either way, like was already said, good job on fucking up a perfectly good beach and lake/river for a few minutes or hours of fun when it probably would have taken you a smaller amount of time to find some waves on another beach.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
              x2

Comment

I was thinking that water might accumulate on a high tide and they just trench it and let it drain back into the ocean.

Comment

looks like a lot of diggin

Comment

Beaches are endangered species. We keep killing them the ozone is a gonner and El Nino will have its way with us!

Comment

Pretty sure that was in Waimea Bay on Honolulu. I was at that beach last year, and the freshwater drains out over that beach from the mountains anyway. That beach is on the North Shore and already takes some decent waves, not sure why they found it necessary to build a trench. Either way, it didn't hurt anything. There was a sizable trench when I was there, I thought it was natural but am now wondering if it was the result of these guys. LoL
                      DamonH

Comment

saw this posted under the video

Ok before any one rants again, the water is coming from a stream near the beach that backs up with water every year. The nature of the waves coming in causes the sand to become a natural damn. The people in the video simply linked the backed up stream to the ocean. The little rapids they make only last for an hour and the beach sand recovers in no time at all. All this information was in another video of theirs

Comment

Originally posted by grove rat View Post
                          saw this posted under the video

Ok before any one rants again, the water is coming from a stream near the beach that backs up with water every year. The nature of the waves coming in causes the sand to become a natural damn. The people in the video simply linked the backed up stream to the ocean. The little rapids they make only last for an hour and the beach sand recovers in no time at all. All this information was in another video of theirs
                          Stop raining on our parade!!! They are damaging it damnit!

Comment

It's because of global warming!

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                              Originally posted by Neil View Post
                              That's what I thought, but didn't know if it was a river, or a lake, or what. Either way, like was already said, good job on fucking up a perfectly good beach and lake/river for a few minutes or hours of fun when it probably would have taken you a smaller amount of time to find some waves on another beach.
                              Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                              x2
                              Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                              Beaches are endangered species. We keep killing them the ozone is a gonner and El Nino will have its way with us!
                              STFU, hippies!

Comment

Working...
                              X