GT350R - Initial impressions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT350R - Initial impressions

Took delivery of my GT350R yesterday. Thought I'd share my first feelings about the car. I ordered the car September 1st of last year. 7 months later and she's finally here.

First of all this car is beyond special. I've driven cars from the 458, GT3, 911 Turbo, Lotus Exige S and a much longer list but this is different. It's not just A mustang. It's THE mustang. From the second you sit down and push the button you know there is something different about this car. I've pushed many cars to and past their limit and it feels like they don't want to be there but the R feels like it's begging you to push it's limits. And that's only getting up to 6500-7k RPM. I'll have to retrain myself as a driver. You don't have to shift....you don't have to shift. Then there is the sound. 63 miles and I never even once thought about turning on the stereo. The 4 speakers out the back is plenty. The sound it makes is unlike anything I've ever heard before. It's a Maserati right before his Julliard training.

At highway speed this car does love to track. It'll pull a little to the left or right depending on the surface and the wind. You can feel that this thing is made to go fast in the turns but it still retains its road manners. It is a little bouncy but what you expect in a car that can do what this one can do.

I had to remind myself I'm in a Mustang. Something about that doesn't feel right. It still has this raw, driving experience but this car is like "I got this" instead of "good luck" from Mustangs past.

Trying to find something I didn't like about this car was difficult because it puts a permagrin on your face. You're too busy having fun and experiencing something so overwhelmingly amazing to complain. You have to FIND something to complain about on this car. It's still very early but NOTHING stood out to me that was something I didn't like. If I have to think of something the clutch might be a tad too soft. That's it. And it took entirely too long to get here. I am not happy about the communication from Ford and the lack of a car for 7 months. I cared about it yesterday. Don't care about that anymore today.

Aside from that the little red button might as well be a pearly gate. Thank you Ford and the Ford Performance team for this car. Don't care that a C6Z can beat it around a track. This car is special.

Can't wait to see what it can do around a track. 1k miles here I come!

Sexy mother fucker!

Comment

Looks slow.
      Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
      There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Congrats on the stellar ride, and nice write-up too!
        Love the color choice.

David

Comment

Looks like a 4x4!

Just trying to help you find a flaw..

Comment

love it

Comment

Finally here! That's awesome man. I'm happy for you.

Comment

Looks fuckin' sweet

Comment

Congrats! Gorgeous car!!! Ford really did something special with that thing and I'm a huge GM fan. Speaking of which, I'm THIS close to pulling the trigger on the new '16 Camaro SS 8-speed auto as another daily. Decided to possibly give the Mustang 5.0 a shot, so can you PM your real name and if you're going to be around Sat for me to come by and check them out?

thanks and congrats again on the GT350R!!
                  Ford
                  GM
                  Toyota
                  VAG

Comment

id love to take one out on the track.
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Congradulations! That is a badass car! Needs a cowl hood and some skinnies.
                      When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                        Congradulations! That is a badass car! Needs a cowl hood and some skinnies.
                        pulleys and flows!
                        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I am trying to find someone who'll let me borrow some radials for the rear. I want to see what this thing will do.

Comment

Awesome car, congratulations!

<--- jealous
                            Originally posted by davbrucas
                            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Soooo sexy... and yeah, ride height is the only thing I'd complain about. Congrats man.
                              Originally posted by stevo
                              Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Working...
                              X