Clear All

• Comment

• ^^^needs more primer.

Comment

• That's a cool build.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
          good start
          May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
          Semper Fi

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
            Big Dog Drilling had a slight accident yesterday, rumor is they were pulling 60k lbs over what the derrick was rated at.
            LMFAO.

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
            I'm not too knowledgeable on derricks... but that's a drill rig, right? By pulling too much weight, you mean they were digging down too deep and had too much weight suspended?
            Yes. Between hanging pipe / string load if they were stuck they overcame the rated load capacity of the srtucture.

We did a mast load test at one of my OEMs and they had a strain gauge between the anchor in the ground and the hook (traveling block in the mast). We went balls out on the engine pulling the hook on a static load (anchored in 100 ft of concrete in the ground) and the strain gauge showed 250,000 lbs.

That was on a workover (well servicing) rig. At 496 lbs per pipe (30ft each)... that rig, without pulling a stuck tool that would have been 15,000 ft of string... A drill rig should be rated way beyond that.

Long story short, if you collapse a mast you are WAAAAAAAY FUCKING STUPID.

I'll post a pic later, but on that test pull we let the load off too quickly and actually bent motor mounts / trans mounts / etc. BENT 1/2" steel plate.

Anyway, since this is a pic thread, here's what I work with most of the day:

Last edited by Strychnine; 04-13-2012, 04:39 PM.

Comment

• Looks dirt track-ish/Mad Max-ish. I like it

Stevo
              Originally posted by SSMAN
              ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

• Some more:

Last edited by Strychnine; 04-13-2012, 05:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                  LMFAO.

Yes. Between hanging pipe / string load if they were stuck they overcame the rated load capacity of the srtucture.

We did a mast load test at one of my OEMs and they had a strain gauge between the anchor in the ground and the hook (traveling block in the mast). We went balls out on the engine pulling the hook on a static load (anchored in 100 ft of concrete in the ground) and the strain gauge showed 250,000 lbs.

That was on a workover (well servicing) rig. At 496 lbs per pipe (30ft each)... that rig, without pulling a stuck tool that would have been 15,000 ft of string... A drill rig should be rated way beyond that.

Long story short, if you collapse a mast you are WAAAAAAAY FUCKING STUPID.
                  This is the second one in two years a dumbass has collapsed out here, Robinson folded one up north of Midland a few years ago and tried to blame it on wind originally lol. This is what happens when companies are hiring warm bodys instead of people who know how to do the job.

Comment

• Cool rig pics. Did you take those?
                    Originally posted by Buzzo
                    Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by crapstang View Post
                      Cool rig pics. Did you take those?

Most of them. One of them is one of our marketing pics.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                                The Cliff.
                                Yup. Kessler park.
                                THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Working...
                                X