Random PICTURE of the day thread *KEEP IT WORK SAFE*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

• This is what the customer gave me to go by when I painted the Braniff safe. I thought it came out pretty good.

Comment

• Originally posted by CRASH View Post

[IMG]http://www.dfwstangs.net/coppermine/albums/userpics/13584
        So tell me, who wanted a braniff airlines safe? Kind of curious since it was established in 1928.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• cool safe i saw that earlyer on pinstripers garage. i like the truck you did for gas monkey.

Comment

• Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
            So tell me, who wanted a braniff airlines safe? Kind of curious since it was established in 1928.
            The customer's father was a retired pilot from Braniff Airways.

Originally posted by Blackout View Post
            cool safe i saw that earlyer on pinstripers garage. i like the truck you did for gas monkey.
            Thanks man.

Here's a few pictures of it, for anyone interested. Did a fake patina on the lettering. This truck is actually about to go to the UK. Richard (Gas Monkey owner) sold it to a customer/friend of theirs that lives just north of London.

Comment

• Comment

• Just to stick with the f100 theme............

sigpic

Comment

• Damn it Crash, good work. Is that gold lead on that safe? Hard to tell.

You need a thread over here like in Canada so all your work is one spot.
                  DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

• Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                    Damn it Crash, good work. Is that gold lead on that safe? Hard to tell.

You need a thread over here like in Canada so all your work is one spot.
                    Thanks man ! It's not gold leaf, just metallic gold 1 Shot.

I guess I could start a new thread with pictures. I've got a TON of new pictures that I could post.

-Aaron

Comment

Thanks man ! It's not gold leaf, just metallic gold 1 Shot.

I guess I could start a new thread with pictures. I've got a TON of new pictures that I could post.

-Aaron
                      I'd really like a closer picture of that metallic. My girl ordered some "gold" from 1 Shot, and its like a mustard yellow. Definitely not metallic, but it also didnt say it was. I've got a pale yellow fridge that is dying for some metallic gold and black. Start that threat up man, and an update on yer ol pickup while youre at it.
                      DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

• Originally posted by crash View Post
                        thanks man ! It's not gold leaf, just metallic gold 1 shot.

I guess i could start a new thread with pictures. I've got a ton of new pictures that i could post.

-aaron
                        please do it!

Comment

• Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                          I'd really like a closer picture of that metallic. My girl ordered some "gold" from 1 Shot, and its like a mustard yellow. Definitely not metallic, but it also didnt say it was. I've got a pale yellow fridge that is dying for some metallic gold and black. Start that threat up man, and an update on yer ol pickup while youre at it.
                          I'll have to do something with some gold and take some close up pictures for you. I'm actually about to do a motor swap in my old pickup. The 283 is kinda weak, AND it doesn't get great gas mileage, so I'm going to swap it out with a .040 over 350 that I've had for a while. It's fresh, so it should be a nice difference over the tired 283.

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
                          please do it!
                          I guess I will when I get home this evening. Twist my arm, why dontcha !! Lol !

Comment

• Do it do it.

Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

The customer's father was a retired pilot from Braniff Airways.

Thanks man.

Here's a few pictures of it, for anyone interested. Did a fake patina on the lettering. This truck is actually about to go to the UK. Richard (Gas Monkey owner) sold it to a customer/friend of theirs that lives just north of London.

[IMG]http://www.dfwstangs.net/coppermine/albums/userpics/13584/Gas_Monkey9_%5BDesktop_Resolution%5D.jpg
                              [IMG]http://www.dfwstangs.net/coppermine/albums/userpics/13584/Gas_Monkey6_%5BDesktop_Resolution%5D.jpg
                              [IMG]http://www.dfwstangs.net/coppermine/albums/userpics/13584/Gas_Monkey7_%5BDesktop_Resolution%5D.jpg
                              [IMG]http://www.dfwstangs.net/coppermine/albums/userpics/13584/Gas_Monkey8_%5BDesktop_Resolution%5D.jpg
                              Ah yes, Richard "Spank My Monkey" Rawlings himself. The car for the TV show, is it for Gas monkey?

Comment

• Man these pics make me want to go back to getting a 67-69 f-100

Comment

Working...
                                X