Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Somewhere in Time View Post
    Broke my heart man. Damn Dungey's luck.
    I think it proves how strong he is. Came from dead last, close to a lap down, and finish 7th. Lost 1 point in the championship. That's hard core.
    http://dfwdirtriders.com/ New Website for the off road peeps

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by SNEAKY View Post
        I think it proves how strong he is. Came from dead last, close to a lap down, and finish 7th. Lost 1 point in the championship. That's hard core.
        Hardcore for sure.

If he had his bike on the line Saturday and he didn't run out of fuel at Highpoint, Villopoto would be his bitch right now in point standings.

Comment

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
          WTF? I had to watch this a second time to make sure I saw it right. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by SVTNorthTexas View Post
            WTF? I had to watch this a second time to make sure I had a visual to rub one out
            you homo

Comment

• Originally posted by SNEAKY View Post
              What am i missing? Dont really see anything but im sure if id known the backstory itd make sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by akfodysvn View Post
                you homo
                Yeah, you got me man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedi View Post
                  What am i missing? Dont really see anything but im sure if id known the backstory itd make sense.
                  Drama even before the race starts - first moto winner Ryan Dungey has lost his first gate choice for this second moto. His bike was not to the staging area in time. His bike is in the pits - the team is having problems starting the bike.

Dungey is sitting. Standing. Pacing. Waiting at the start line - without his bike. He lost his first gate pick by the bike not being in staging area in time, and now, the gate is ready to drop - as he's watching, with no motorcycle in sight.

The early leader, as the rain starts to come down even harder - Justin Barcia number 17 on the Honda. Justin Brayton second. For sure riders are aleady having vision and goggle problems with the rain, sand, and mud. Third place is Ryan Villopoto, then Brett Metcalfe, Jake Weimer, Mike Alessi, L Smith, J Morrison, R Marshall, and John Dowd. More drama - Chad Reed is invovled in first turn crash.

Ryan Dungey is in this race. However, he did not start when the gate dropped! He came into the race after all the other riders had already taken off and were on their first lap - Dungey started almost half a lap behind.

By lap five, with Barcia charging out front, Reed has moved into 28th. Dungey is further back. On lap six, Ryan is up to 28th ... Reed is in 32nd. And Reed is now out of the race.

Meanwhile, Justin Barcia and the Honda 450 seem to suit each other's style just fine. Justin is out front, leading Justin Brayton by almost 22 seconds just past the six lap mark. Brett Metcalfe is in third. Ryan Villopoto is in fourth.

With Reed having problems in both motos, and Dungey having this second moto issue, Ryan Villopoto has secured more points towards securing his first ever AMA National Motocross class championship, to go with his 2011 AMA Supercross Series Championship, three 250 MX Lites outdoor national championships, and two regional AMA Supercross Championships. There are only two rounds left in the 2011 AMA MX series, next Saturday at Delmont (Steel City) PA, and the following Saturday at the season finale at Pala Raceway MX in San Diego county.

Lap eight - Justin Barcia out front. Justin Brayton in second, 23 seconds back. Third is Metcalfe. Villopoto, Weimer, Alessi, Smith, Dowd, Sewell, Chisholm. Dungey is up to 17th.

Never before have we heard of a first moto winner, the defending National Champion, battling to retain that championship, not make it with his bike to the starting line for the second moto. More specifically, his motorcycle not making it to the start area. Definitely the 'big' storyline of the day.

Another storyline - with two laps to go, Justin Barcia is heading towards his first 450 AMA MX race win. The rain has slowed substantially now. Brett Metcalfe has moved into second, Justin Brayton third. Monster Kawasaki riders Villopoto and Weimer are fourth and fifth. Mike Alessi sixth. Dungey up to 13th.

Even in the deep sand of Southwick, the beginning effects of Hurricane Irene are substantial. The track is a quagmire. Lap times for the fastest 450 guys are now 2 minutes 30 seconds plus. One lap to go.

Justin Barcia is the second moto winner! 15 laps. His first ever 450 AMA MX win. Second goes to Brett Metcalfe, third is Justin Brayton. Villopoto scores fourth, and extends his series points lead. Jake Weimer finishes fifth. Sixth thru tenth - Mike Alessi, Ryan Dungey all the way up to seventh! Local legend, the 'youngster', John Dowd eighth. Then L Smith and S Sewell.

Wow ... let's recap ... the overall winner with a third and second, and winning his first ever overall win in 450 AMA Motocross - Australian Brett Metcalfe! Second overall is going to go to Ryan Villopoto (2/4) and third overall (believe it or not) Ryan Dungey (1/7). Chad Reed has day he'd like to forget. Amazing.

Ryan Dungey said afterwards of his 'issue' in the second moto: We had an electronical issue with the bike. It was running. I was ready to head out. I shut it off, and then it wouldn't restart. I lost my gate pick. I started walking back ... I didn't even know what to think. We don't go out there just to win races, we go out to win championships. We have four more races still left and we are going to give it everything we got. I didn't quit. I tried to salvage as many points as possible. I've never been in that position before (of losing gate position, and having the race start without me). I was there in my original gate pick, preparing my spot ... but the bike wasn't there. I thought it was over. I didn't even know what to think, except I don't want to lose a championship like that.

cliff notes

outdoor motocross has a two race format. total points scored from both races are added to determine the over all winner for the day. dungey (rider pictured) won the first moto and made up four points on first place. come second moto, his bike would not run, and the gate dropped with out him. he was walking back to the pits and he mechanic was riding the bike down to the line. the rule is that if he can get on the track before the lead rider make a lap, its game on. so he passed all of the riders up to seventh place coming from almost a half lap down. so he left the event only one more point down then when he came in. a lot better better of then it could have been if they had been another minute slower getting the bike sorted out.
                  http://dfwdirtriders.com/ New Website for the off road peeps

Comment

• Ded

Comment

Comment

• sigpic

Comment

• ^^^ The fuck am I looking at? ^^^

Comment

• Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

• Originally posted by aCid View Post
                              ^^^ The fuck am I looking at? ^^^

An onion peel/skin. It was at my parents house, I was digging in the fridge for a Snapple and it was looking at me... creeped me the fuck out.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X