No announcement yet.

Random PICTURE of the day thread *KEEP IT WORK SAFE*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm no expert on Christianity, but whoever made that comic has even less knowledge on the subject than me. But as usual I'm probably over analyzing shit.
    Last edited by CJ; 11-29-2012, 03:01 PM.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by lincolnboy
      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
        I'm no expert on Christianity, but whoever made that comic has even less knowledge on the subject than me. But as usual I'm probably over analyzing shit.
        Actually, it's pretty spot on. Granted, it's WAY simplified, but still an accurate representation of OT stories/lessons/fables

Comment

• Originally posted by racrguy View Post
          Actually, it's pretty spot on. Granted, it's WAY simplified, but still an accurate representation of OT stories/lessons/fables
          Most all of the proposed contradictions are explained in the text, the comic is clearly intended to make the bible appear as if it doesn't address any of these questions, and Christians are fools because it's so obvious to an enlightened individual that questions it. Thou shall not kill, for instance, is explained in great detail as to what does and doesn't conflict. To someone not familiar with the text it probably looks like an epiphany. And I hardly know it well and I can see how absurd it is.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
            Most all of the proposed contradictions are explained in the text, the comic is clearly intended to make the bible appear as if it doesn't address any of these questions, and Christians are fools because it's so obvious to an enlightened individual that questions it. Thou shall not kill, for instance, is explained in great detail as to what does and doesn't conflict. To someone not familiar with the text it probably looks like an epiphany. And I hardly know it well and I can see how absurd it is.
            This isn't an exhaustive list, but here's a few. Thou shalt not kill, unless you are an unruly child, a homosexual, or make fun of a bald guy. Yep.

Comment

• Originally posted by racrguy View Post
              This isn't an exhaustive list, but here's a few. Thou shalt not kill, unless you are an unruly child, a homosexual, or make fun of a bald guy. Yep.
              I get the feeling you've never read the bible.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dad View Post
                  that is fucking sexy as hell!
                  May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
                  Semper Fi

Comment

• thank god scramblers are the new hot ticket!
                    THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post
                        lol

Comment

• wonder if it worked?
                          1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

• Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post
                            sounds like someone from here
                            http://dfwdirtriders.com/ New Website for the off road peeps

Comment

• "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X