• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

• Originally posted by naynay View Post
      well that's disturbing.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
          well that's disturbing.
          Curious as to the caliber used. That's a great display of how much pressure is produced through a head wound.

Comment

• Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
              Curious as to the caliber used. That's a great display of how much pressure is produced through a head wound.
              My guess is a .223, a .308 would have blown it's head off.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                I often say that every moment of pleasure must be purchased with an equal amount of pain. This saying certainly applies with jet skis.
                Originally posted by lincolnboy
                After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

• Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                  I often say that every moment of pleasure must be purchased with an equal amount of pain. This saying certainly applies with jet skis.
                  Yeah, that's the truth. The most I've ever been sore/disabled is directly proportionate to the time since the last jetski endeavor. I'm sure that it would be enjoyable if you drove it like an old lady, but every time I'm on a jetski I drive it like a fucking maniac with a death wish.

Comment

• THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

• As far as the fox picture. Depending on how far it was away id say 223.

Now as far as the 308 thing I shot a small bobcat last year under 10 yards right in the chest with a 165gr nosler bt. I was able to sell the pelt. When i pulled the trigger i figured i would have destroyed it. It payed for my hunting licensees this year haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
                        My guess is a .223, a .308 would have blown it's head off.
                        Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                        As far as the fox picture. Depending on how far it was away id say 223.

Now as far as the 308 thing I shot a small bobcat last year under 10 yards right in the chest with a 165gr nosler bt. I was able to sell the pelt. When i pulled the trigger i figured i would have destroyed it. It payed for my hunting licensees this year haha.
                        Referring back to the ballistics video posted in the armory forum it would make sense a larger caliber bullet would not do the kind of damage anticipated because it had no time to expand before passing through the target.

Comment

• Originally posted by naynay View Post

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                              Referring back to the ballistics video posted in the armory forum it would make sense a larger caliber bullet would not do the kind of damage anticipated because it had no time to expand before passing through the target.
                              It's temporary cavitation that does the damage. The larger the diameter proportionate to the velocity the more temporary expansion and cavitation. It's a whole science. Hitting an animal in the side or profile is very different from hitting one in the head. The head is a liquid filled rigid container, the pressure rises and it ruptures/blows up. The same thing happens when you shoot a bottle of water with a .22 vs. a .308, it will explode like a bomb when a .308 hits it. A good example of this is when someone is shot with an arrow vs. a rifle. Even though they are the same diameter, the rifle will drop you, and the arrow (assuming it doesn't hit a vital organ) will allow you run around like a fool. The difference being when the .308 hits you with the velocity, it knocks a .3085" hole in you, but expands a hole inside your tissue to 4-6" for about 10" or so, then it snaps back. If you don't have the tissue or it's a rigid container it just blows up.

I shot a huge ass jackrabbit with my G3 a few years ago, tagged him in the side and he kept hopping, got a lucky head shot and his head vaporized. Naturally, it all depends on where you hit them in the head, but if it's in the skull, or a rigid surface which will transfer/contain the energy it's quite different.
                              Last edited by CJ; 09-05-2012, 11:44 AM.

Comment

• I hit the bobcat head on center bone of his chest. He was crossing a log jamb. He was halfway across about 6 foot out and i blew him back to the bank.

Comment

Working...
                                X