No announcement yet.

Look what followed me home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• while ive never had to, if I was working on your air bag system, I would start at the driver's side front bag, and with a spray bottle of soapy water, spray the fittings like you would to find a nail in a tire. If there's air leaking, it will bubble. Work your way to the valve/tank from both sides and then go to the rears.

Sounds to me like you have a pretty good sized leak.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Sounds like a project. Well, if anyone wants to come give it a try I'm willing to throw some cash their way. This is a neat truck and I'd like to have it driving.
      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

• Frost, i am not free this weekend but if you need help i'd come look at it with you next weekend. what i wonder is about the compressor. is it on a switch where you have to physically turn it on to get enough pressure to raise the truck? another thing thats odd is that it would release the air upon shutting off the compressor. if thats the case i would imagine it is by design, and could be fixed simply by putting in a 1 way check valve so that the air cant come back to the tank -- if the tank has some type of pressure relieve valve on it or something.

Did the person you bought it from not give you a run down on how to operate it, or did it come from a lot? I am sure it would be easy to find the original owner or builder of it to get a run down of how it is plumbed. I dont follow the ford truck scene so this is the first time i've seen the truck.

Comment

• when i say compressor, i mean compressor/tanks. if it will left and hold pressure while running, then they have some type of funky dump on it thats keyed to the ignition. and honestly thats probably more up War Machine's alley than mine. all my shit is manual. I doubt its a leak, but you essentially bought a mini-truck, and well, those guys are another breed.

Comment

• The guy I bought it from was a doctor out of McKinney that bought it because it looked cool. He had it delivered to his practice and then his wife wouldn't let him bring it home because...guns.

He had no idea how to get the truck off of the ground in the first place and it took me 20 minutes to figure out to hit the switch on the dash to power the switches on the console. Shoot me a PM and I'm sure we can work something out with you visiting and then we can do a picture showing that I don't shoot everyone that comes down my drive.
            I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Working...
            X