Rodney King round 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rodney King round 2

According to a report by The San Francisco Chronicle: The video shows the deputies chasing after a man at the corner of Clinton Park and Stevenson Street at about 2:05 a.m. Thursday. One deputy jumps on the man, knocking him down, and goes on to punch him twice while he was still on the ground. He gets off as the second deputy pulls out his baton, and uses it to strike the man on the head. The video jumps 10 seconds to both deputies using their batons on the man as he struggled on his knees and screamed for help. The video jumps once more to show the man on his knees with his hands on his head, and one deputy pushing him to the ground so he and the other deputy could continue hitting him with their batons.
    A spokesman for the Alameda County Sheriff’s Office, Sgt. J.D. Nelson, attempted to excuse the vile behavior of the cops caught on video by claiming that the beating with police batons was the result of a 38-minute car chase; as if that would justify the cops’ actions.

sure would be nice to see the unedited video.

Comment

I don't see a edit at the point were he flops down and they just start hitting him. Also who knows if he stopped prior to and fought them with that limited video.

However

Looked like he gave up. Should of just cuffed him and been done. You can't let the criminal make you mad, once it's over it is over. Also baton to the head is considered deadly force. They train you for leg and arm strikes. I don't carry one as I have never seen the need for that. Go to the gym, lift some weights, be able to put guy in custody. Only ones I have encountered that are really tough are the ones on PCP.
      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Sickening. Wonder what he did thought that led to the chase?

Comment

Looks fake.
          Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

I'm amazed that he is not dead after all of the hits to the head
            Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Sgt. JD Nelson runs the bomb range that Mythbusters uses, or at least he used to. He's been on the show many times.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                Sgt. JD Nelson runs the bomb range that Mythbusters uses, or at least he used to. He's been on the show many times.
                Well he's a fucking idiot if he is trying to justify what happened in the video above.
                Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Sounds like he endangered countless lives. He should have gotten worse.

Comment

Smh, don't people know/realize camera's are everywhere now?

Comment

In my dads day while walking a beat in down town Detroit this was considered good police work. He said that it was normal to beat someones ass, give them a warning, and letting them walk for a crime if you did not feel like taking them in. It was community policing at its best.
                      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by D. Lil View Post
                        Sounds like he endangered countless lives. He should have gotten worse.
                        This. We only get to see the part of the vid where he's the victim of an ass whoopin, not the part where he nearly killed a bunch of innocent folks. Fuck'em, justice served.

Comment

Originally posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
                          This. We only get to see the part of the vid where he's the victim of an ass whoopin, not the part where he nearly killed a bunch of innocent folks. Fuck'em, justice served.
                          It is not law enforcement's job to hand out punishment for alleged crimes...regardless if it is deserved.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                            It is not law enforcement's job to hand out punishment for alleged crimes...regardless if it is deserved.
                            Maybe not, but it expedites the process much quicker and cheaper!

Comment

Originally posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
                              Maybe not, but it expedites the process much quicker and cheaper!
                              Sure, in the cases where it's truly deserves, but also opens the door even wider to unjustified police brutality. There's a reason that we have 3 branches of government, and cops already cross that line way too often.

Comment

Working...
                              X