Picked up a 69 Gto and a Trans am

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picked up a 69 Gto and a Trans am

went to look at a 1977 trans am. Its kinda rough all original though 400 engine needs some body & interior work. But the guy had Three GTO'S one judge. The one I bought is a one owner 69 GTO been in a shop 15 years. perfect interior, frame has been painted. comes with everything to put it back together and a lemans parts car for nuts and bolts and the rear end

Comment

Killer GTO. You gonna put it together? Strap a nice Ford engine in it?
      Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
        Killer GTO. You gonna put it together? Strap a nice Ford engine in it?
        I have the original motor for it. Yea picking the car up in the AM getting started on it next week.

Comment

$12-15k on that? did the blue 2nd gen sell?

Comment

Look forward to watching the build.
            Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
              $12-15k on that? did the blue 2nd gen sell?
              no the blue formula is on my lift need to finish installing the 73 nose its on but not mounted. I need a set of honey comb wheels for it. going to primer it fix a few things, needs a complete exhaust system and a couple floor pans i'm going to sell it as a running project

Comment

Both are very cool

Comment

nice GTO but it is not a 69

Comment

Originally posted by 69gto View Post
                    nice GTO but it is not a 69
                    68? The quarter marker looks like a 68
                    Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                      68? The quarter marker looks like a 68
                      The easiest way to tell the difference between a '68 and a '69 is the side vent windows. They didn't offer those after '68. Plus, Whiteboy's has a His/Hers shifters, which is another thing they didn't offer after '68.

That looks to be Verdoro green. Do you know whether that's the original color?

Comment

Originally posted by Whiteboy View Post
                        formula is on my lift need to finish installing the 73 nose its on but not mounted. I need a set of honey comb wheels for it.
                        Buy the Year One 17" versions!

When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

68 and 69 are similar cars but 68 had vent windows, ignition switch in the dash not the column, his and her shifter, a/c controls located is different place, brake lights in the bumper, dash gauges and dash are different, rear quarter panel reflector different, arrow head on enduro bumper, front fender emblems , front seat fold down release is different, plus several more little things that are not the same. I am not knocking your car in any way she is a very good looking car and looks like a very easy build, just trying to show some of the differences between them. check the vin a true gto has 242 in the vin code if that is not there beware of a cloned lemans. please post up with the build and have fun

Comment

just had to google his/hers shifter. pretty sweet! kinda the precursor to the "red key" for the new boss 302 and such.

god bless.
                            It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

i have a g-body hard on for one with these..

Comment

Working...
                              X