Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guess the ol SS nametag just aint what it used to be..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 04mongoose View Post
    bench racer!
    LOL - I actually hadn't read the article myself, I thought it was just speculation not a press release. That's why I said "in the works".

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
      LOL - I actually hadn't read the article myself, I thought it was just speculation not a press release. That's why I said "in the works".
      it isnt out yet so it doesnt matter what gm says they are gonna do. thats bench racing.
      2004 TR Mustang Mach 1 RIP
      2003 DSG Mustang Mach 1
      2014 Race Red Shelby GT500

Comment

OK, so if we're going with what's currently available -care for a 2011 CTSV coupe?

Per the magazine testing, it's 0.3 seconds quicker than the 2011 GT500 in a quarter mile and 0-60.

I don't have a horse in this race, so it really doesn't matter to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
          OK, so if we're going with what's currently available -care for a 2011 CTSV coupe?

Per the magazine testing, it's 0.3 seconds quicker than the 2011 GT500 in a quarter mile and 0-60.

I don't have a horse in this race, so it really doesn't matter to me.
          ill race a cts-v coupe and drag its ass for way less coin lol

I don't either. I would never buy a car new. Its the biggest waste of money other than buying a boat new or used lol
          2004 TR Mustang Mach 1 RIP
          2003 DSG Mustang Mach 1
          2014 Race Red Shelby GT500

Comment

Well, with that much money in my fox....

Comment

What are you talking about? The Cobalt SS, the Impala SS, the Silverado SS? Haha, JK. The brand is a joke now. I do still think that the Camaro SS is a formidable car though. Unfortunately, from the factory they're heavy as hell, but they mod better than any other LS engine to date. The LS3 is a great engine. On the other hand...so does the new 5.0. I still can't believe how amazing the 5.0 is. I can't hate on either engine, however, as far as the actual cars go though, the mustang definitely wins.
              "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Great little video. It doesn't seem to matter. One of the greatest and oldest rivalry. Even though it gets to the point where it doesn't matter. Chevy will put a camaro out with more power. Then ford will do it with the mustang. It never ends but always fun to watch. Besides who ever really keeps a car stock anyway
                99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
                going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

Originally posted by Oreos_stang3 View Post
                  Great little video. It doesn't seem to matter. One of the greatest and oldest rivalry. Even though it gets to the point where it doesn't matter. Chevy will put a camaro out with more power. Then ford will do it with the mustang. It never ends but always fun to watch. Besides who ever really keeps a car stock anyway
                  I just think it's funny that it's now where GM is having to put a blower on their camaro to compete with the mustang. It's been nearly two decades since that was so. Unfortunately, Ford already has a 550hp car that's tried and true stock and modded. This competition is amazing. The best part about it IMO, is that Dodge doesn't have shit compared to this. Fuck their HEMI.
                  "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by Ldecharmoy View Post
                    wait so the camaro vert is only .5 seconds faster than the mustang v6 HA!!
                    Last time I saw your car run at the track was something like a 9.96@74 or so in the eighth. That doesn't come anywhere close to a 13.2 in the quarter.

Just sayin'.

-Aaron

EDIT: Just saw the time in your sig, and I was close.
                    Last edited by CRASH; 02-11-2011, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Our shop 5.0 ran a 12.4 at 113 couple weeks ago at crandal.. Has nothing more then a base tune Sean made real quick at the track.. Oh that was on bone stock tires!!!

Comment

LMAO@ running at Fontana, but. not on the track and in the opposite direction of the track! Leave it to Motortrend!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CRASH View Post
                          Last time I saw your car run at the track was something like a 9.96@74 or so in the eighth. That doesn't come anywhere close to a 13.2 in the quarter.

Just sayin'.

-Aaron

EDIT: Just saw the time in your sig, and I was close.
                          I know that but I'm taking about the reviewers numbers cause everyone knows you can't replicate the same times the reviewer put down, plus the v6 they say runs a 13.7@102 in the 1/4
                          2014 Ford F250 4X4 *DD*
                          1992 Ford Mustang GT

Previous Vehicles:
                          1989 Ford Mustang 4 cyl. Turbo coupe
                          1986 Ford Mustang GT T-Top
                          2011 Ford F-150 Eco-Boost
                          2011 Ford Mustang V6
                          2011 Ford Mustang GT
                          2013 Ford F-150 Eco-Boost
                          2012 Ford F-150 Eco-Boost 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
                            Our shop 5.0 ran a 12.4 at 113 couple weeks ago at crandal.. Has nothing more then a base tune Sean made real quick at the track.. Oh that was on bone stock tires!!!
                            That is about a 7.9 on the 8th which is moving! My old 97 Cobra ran that on a 100 shot and the new 5.0 is running the same on stock tires and N/A pretty scarey!
                            Originally posted by Da Prez
                            Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                            Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Originally posted by StanleyTweedle View Post
                              Don't they have a z28 or an RS or something? I'm used to the old days where it was GT vs Z28, and Cobra VS SS. So basically GT has risen above its old class to the SS now? Cause if a 410Hp GT beat the SS, I can only imagine what a 550Hp Cobra would do to it. Then again they think those cobras are worth their weight in gold so I guess that's to be expected.

But basically, on pretty much all fronts, Ford has been dealing out the beatings lately. They came up with a 55 gallon barrel of ass whoop and poured it on their competitors. If you look at the JD power reliability reports, they've surpassed GM now. So now all those GM fanboys that would claim that "Fords just break down too much!", don't have a leg to stand on. Cause now GM breaks down more than ford, and there's proof.
                              No. Chevy has the v6 and SS (the RS/SS is available as an appearance package, but it's still an SS), and now they're introducing an LSA-powered ZL1, so that's your GT500 competition. Ford has a v6, a GT, and a GT500. There is no Cobra as such, even though the GT500 has cobra badges. This isn't the '60's, so they can't afford to offer cars in 8 different trim levels with as many engine choices.
                              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                              X