Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is in the wrong?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0RraOQlqgU[/ame]

The cop because FTP and black lives matter.
    Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Dude just shut your big ass up and let the guy do his shit.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
      Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

So, the cop searching the car without a warrant is professional? Talking over the guy and pulling his gun as he is trying to explain that his wallet is under the seat is professional?

Comment

Originally posted by cyclonescott View Post
          So, the cop searching the car without a warrant is professional? Talking over the guy and pulling his gun as he is trying to explain that his wallet is under the seat is professional?
          It's SOP to draw on someone who is reaching for something after being told not to. Especially in this climate, I'd have done the exact same thing.

Comment

so i get asked to get out of the car, and i do so i have now consented to a search?

also, did he just put his life in danger by not putting the guy in his cruiser when he went down on his knees to check the seat? i did not hear the guy get put in the car.

Comment

The stop took so long because the first officer waited for backup to show up before he had the guy get out and search. If you are ever are asked to get out of your car put the windows up and lock the doors.

Comment

Sound advice.

Comment

The cop is in the wrong, he was driving way faster than the limit in a 50mph zone. He should be ticketed.

Comment

Originally posted by petyweestraw View Post
                    Dude just shut your big ass up and let the guy do his shit.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
                    Yep.
                    Originally posted by Denny
                    Right. The officer handled that appropriately. This is what they have to put up with constantly. It's amazing there aren't more incidents that come of it. True professionals.
                    Exactly.
                    So, the cop searching the car without a warrant is professional?
                    Justification was a little shaky, but yes he was professional.
                    Talking over the guy and pulling his gun as he is trying to explain that his wallet is under the seat is professional?
                    Yes, the subject was non-compliant. Or, he could have just waited for the guy to pull a gun and shoot him.

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                    It's SOP to draw on someone who is reaching for something after being told not to. Especially in this climate, I'd have done the exact same thing.
                    Exactly.

Originally posted by jammeejamm View Post
                    so i get asked to get out of the car, and i do so i have now consented to a search?
                    Not automatically, no. The reasoning for being removed from the vehicle was so that he could search the ONE AREA OF SUSPICION. He did not search anywhere but under the seat.
                    also, did he just put his life in danger by not putting the guy in his cruiser when he went down on his knees to check the seat? i did not hear the guy get put in the car.
                    That was not a smart move, unless there was backup.
                    The stop took so long because the first officer waited for backup to show up before he had the guy get out and search. If you are ever are asked to get out of your car put the windows up and lock the doors.
                    Yeahhhh, because doing that always works out well for all parties.
                    Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                    Sound advice.
                    I know, right?
                    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Yes. He was non-compliant. He handled it as good as could be expected under the circumstances.

BlackLivesMatter folks define being non-compliant/belligerent during traffic stops as asserting their "pride and individuality". Thus, these types of situations will be the norm for cops for the foreseeable future.

If you are ever are asked to get out of your car put the windows up and lock the doors.
                      Yeah....You do that. Be sure to video tape it.

Comment

because he reached for something under/in something, now there is pc? but only a search for and in the area is suspicion?

i know the "i smell marijuana" is a way in to my car without my consent, but this scenario is new to me.

Comment

because he reached for something under/in something, now there is pc? but only a search for and in the area is suspicion?

i know the "i smell marijuana" is a way in to my car without my consent, but this scenario is new to me.
                          If anything, I give the officer some extra credit for limiting the scope of his search. There are quite a few LEOs that would have fully searched the vehicle after that. "Reasonable suspicion" on the part of the officer is a tough one to prove or disprove in court.
                          "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                            If anything, I give the officer some extra credit for limiting the scope of his search. There are quite a few LEOs that would have fully searched the vehicle after that. "Reasonable suspicion" on the part of the officer is a tough one to prove or disprove in court.
                            It has to be reasonable and articulable. The onus is on the officer to prove that, not the other way around.

Comment

I can see both sides in this. On one hand, don't reach for something out of sight when there is a cop talking to you. On the other hand, how can you tell someone what you're doing when the cop wont STFU for 5 seconds?

Not sure that reaching under your seat and providing a drivers license would be PC for a search, but who the hell keeps their drivers license under the damned seat?!?

Comment

Working...
                              X