No announcement yet.

Which is faster on the track. Z06 or GT-R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no shit, go cruise mckinney avenue in your nissan.

Comment

Lot of fanbois, and nuthugging going on in this thread. At the end of the day, not sure which car I would choose. I might have to say the vette, because its more easily recognizable and is sort of a faux status symbol. And I'd rather have that, than a car that doesn't look as sporty, imo.
      WH

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
        Well, it seems like you guys are talking like lap times would influence your decision on which car to buy which I seriously doubt. If you like the gtr, then fine, just leave it at that.
        Which one of my posts says anything about buying either one?

I merely pointed out that when facts are presented that Nissan builds a heavier car with less power that beats the corvette Z06 (purpose built track car" in all aspects of performance, except the figure 8, then the guys who "are not corvette nutswingers" want to totally disregard the test at hand and throw in a different model of corvette to prove that the corvette is almighty...

I'm a fan of neither, but for an all around car, I would rather have the Nissan if both were presented to me for free... Would not spend my money on either one!
        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
          outlaw 235 -- 5.00

outlaw 275 -- 4.24

outlaw 315 3.97
          I belive toaster has been 4.6x on the 235/8.5

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
            Which one of my posts says anything about buying either one?

I merely pointed out that when facts are presented that Nissan builds a heavier car with less power that beats the corvette Z06 (purpose built track car" in all aspects of performance, except the figure 8, then the guys who "are not corvette nutswingers" want to totally disregard the test at hand and throw in a different model of corvette to prove that the corvette is almighty...

I'm a fan of neither, but for an all around car, I would rather have the Nissan if both were presented to me for free... Would not spend my money on either one!
            Pretty much what I thought, although I almost bought a GTR but just went ahead and picked up another viper. The GTR on paper should not do what it does, it does so much more with so much less....long live Godzilla.

Comment

Originally posted by slowturbocar View Post
              Yes it sounds better and has a real stick (didn't help in this case) but it looks like dog shit. I prefer the c6, and yes no one here would ever track a car.
              There are a few here who track their cars...and i dont mean a lame 1/8th. Im talking turns both directions.

Comment

The Z06 is a blast to drive, even bone stock. Exhaust note is amazing from the factory and it feels like a true "driver's" car. I have not tracked it yet (Procharger just went on), but there do not appear to be many limits to its ability on the street.

The GTR is fun to drive as well, but takes a lot of the excitement out of things. You do feel more confident in the corners, but it feels like you are driving a video game.

Bone stock to bone stock(Z06 is a 15 auto...had stick but got tired of it, and GTR is 14)

GTR beat the Z06 off the line and until about 70....at that point...power to weight takes over. GTR has no chance past 80-90.

One we get the Procharger setup perfected, she and I will line them up again and see if I can take her to 60. LOL
                BEWARE OF PEREZ TRANSPORT LLC
                BEWARE OF EXOTIC TRANSPORT
                Fernando Perez
                Alijandra Perez
                Mesquite, Texas
                214-680-1415

Comment

Originally posted by saleen449 View Post
                  The Z06 is a blast to drive, even bone stock. Exhaust note is amazing from the factory and it feels like a true "driver's" car. I have not tracked it yet (Procharger just went on), but there do not appear to be many limits to its ability on the street.

The GTR is fun to drive as well, but takes a lot of the excitement out of things. You do feel more confident in the corners, but it feels like you are driving a video game.

Bone stock to bone stock(Z06 is a 15 auto...had stick but got tired of it, and GTR is 14)

GTR beat the Z06 off the line and until about 70....at that point...power to weight takes over. GTR has no chance past 80-90.

One we get the Procharger setup perfected, she and I will line them up again and see if I can take her to 60. LOL
                  Good feedback, what do you expect the Z06 to put down after the procharger?
                  Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                    Good feedback, what do you expect the Z06 to put down after the procharger?
                    Right at 700 using 4in pulley at 12-13lbs boost and otherwise bone stock other than the blower swap. Once I get the cam, heads, and headers on....we will retune with a 3.4 or 3.2 pulley. Car pulls HARD now. Was 534 RWHP stock. 18% loss on the auto.

With the swap we lost a little low end torque(50 lbs at less than 2500 RPM) from stock, but now the torque hits and holds at max all the way to redline.
                    BEWARE OF PEREZ TRANSPORT LLC
                    BEWARE OF EXOTIC TRANSPORT
                    Fernando Perez
                    Alijandra Perez
                    Mesquite, Texas
                    214-680-1415

Comment

Working...
                    X