Which is faster on the track. Z06 or GT-R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
    In the calculations for how a tire grips the road nowhere in the equation does the size of the tire matter. The CF is all that matters and some racing tires have a CF that is higher then 1.
    Any links on this?
    CF=Coefficient of Friction?
    Grips laterally or longitudinally?
    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

In the calculations for how a tire grips the road nowhere in the equation does the size of the tire matter. The CF is all that matters and some racing tires have a CF that is higher then 1.
      Youre a dumbass. The ability to withstand shear matters or youre just losing rubber to sliding/wheel spin. Wider tires can withstand higher shear forces.

And the GT-R is also AWD...that plays a huge role in getting out of a turn faster than RWD.

Comment

nowhere in the equation does the size of the tire matter.
        Shut the fuck up.
        sigpic

Comment

It would be interesting to strap both cars to a dyno for a last test.

Comment

I don't really care now....they totally lost me at yellow.
            70' Chevelle RagTop
            (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
              Any links on this?
              CF=Coefficient of Friction?
              Grips laterally or longitudinally?
              Here is one but there are many others.

Information on Values for coefficient of Friction for many materials such as steel, clay, rubber, concrete

Yes; CF is Coefficient of Friction.

Both.

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
              Youre a dumbass. The ability to withstand shear matters or youre just losing rubber to sliding/wheel spin. Wider tires can withstand higher shear forces.
              Believe what you want but the only thing that matters if the CF. Tire manufactures have a 3d graph that shows each hi po tires abilities for every size but good luck getting it out of them unless you are an OE talking about using a particular tire on a production car.

FYI: what you are describing is just a higher CF. If you do not believe me try doing an equation that has the tire being 1 mile wide but having a CF of zero.
              Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 09-01-2015, 10:59 PM.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                Let's put one of the C7R team drivers behind the wheel of the Z06 and run them again. I bet the outcome would be very different.

The GT-R is an awesome car, but I'd bet the Stig would be faster in lots of other cars some that cost less depending a lot on tires and the racetrack chosen. At a tight slower speed track the GT-R will have the edge. On a bigger higher speed course with larger radius turns, I'd take the Z06.
                Most Corvette fag boys just can't stand to loose any comparison, deal with it son!

Comment

Originally posted by slowturbocar View Post
                  Most Corvette fag boys just can't stand to loose any comparison, deal with it son!
                  That sounds like all of the Supra owners that I have raced and beaten.
                  Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by slowturbocar View Post
                    Eh, they need to visit youtube a little more often. Motortrend and car and driver say lots of cars walk all over the z06, here in the last 5 years. Its just a vette, price point should tell em right about where its at. I'm certainly not the slightest bit impressed with my boss's z06. My initial thoughts were "... that's it?" Guess I was expecting more.
                    WH

Comment

says the guy with a 1994 mustang GT- stock, and a 1987 C10 = stock.

yeah thats it; dick bag.

Comment

Here is one but there are many others.

Information on Values for coefficient of Friction for many materials such as steel, clay, rubber, concrete

Yes; CF is Coefficient of Friction.

Both.

Believe what you want but the only thing that matters if the CF. Tire manufactures have a 3d graph that shows each hi po tires abilities for every size but good luck getting it out of them unless you are an OE talking about using a particular tire on a production car.

FYI: what you are describing is just a higher CF. If you do not believe me try doing an equation that has the tire being 1 mile wide but having a CF of zero.
                        Trust me...i know waaaaayy more about this than you. Ive done a lot of work around what you call CF and know 100% that the materials ability to support shear is what matters. That is not a belief its an engineering fact.

I am not deacribing a higher "CF" at all. Im describing a higher contact area.

You are literally so far off on this one that i dont even know where to start, and am sure its pointless to try.

Comment

Let me also add that "CF" is equally dependent on the road surface. A race track will not have the same "CF" as concrete even with the same tire.

Actually so many other factors go into the ability for a tire to grip that again, its pointless to try explaining to someone with such a simplistic understanding.

Comment

Actually so many other factors go into the ability for a tire to grip that again, its pointless to try explaining to someone with such a simplistic understanding.
                            And at the end of what ever you say about it what you are describing is the tires CF. That is the only number that counts.

Comment

I am not deacribing a higher "CF" at all. Im describing a higher contact area.
                              Ok genius; why don't you explain how a tires CF or anythings CF is calculated? I am talking about the entire object; not just the calculation of 1 square MM of it surface area.

Comment

I sense a google war about to commence!

Comment

Working...
                                X