X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post

"I like your Miata. It's like a sports car, except smaller and slower."
    - 46Tbird's Dad
    I literally laughed out loud at that one.

Comment

"It's more fun to drive a slow car fast, than to drive a fast car slow."
      - 46Tbird's Dad

- 46Tbird's Dad
      Verne is a genius.

Comment

I remember seeing an interview with an SVT engineer talking about how the 255/285 tires were the best choice for lap times for many science reasons and gay stuff like that.
        Originally posted by Marisa
        we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

"It's more fun to drive a slow car fast, than to drive a fast car slow."
          - 46Tbird's Dad

- 46Tbird's Dad
          HA!
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
            I dont want to watch a 17 minute video. Which one is faster?
            Is it really that difficult for you to simply move the video scrub bar to the desired location?

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
              Is it really that difficult for you to simply move the video scrub bar to the desired location?
              Obviously it was.

Comment

For those that don't want to watch:
                GTR is faster in all ways than the Z06...

.4 sec faster to 60
                .4 sec faster through the quarter
                2 full sec faster around the track and carried higher speeds in all parts of the track including the straight...

Z0sucks...
                "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Let's put one of the C7R team drivers behind the wheel of the Z06 and run them again. I bet the outcome would be very different.

The GT-R is an awesome car, but I'd bet the Stig would be faster in lots of other cars some that cost less depending a lot on tires and the racetrack chosen. At a tight slower speed track the GT-R will have the edge. On a bigger higher speed course with larger radius turns, I'd take the Z06.

Comment

[quote=Denny;1501906]I call them hood ornamen

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                    Why do people hate Darwin?
                    Well, he did retract most of his claims before he died.
                    WH

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                      Verne is an automotive OG.
                      fixed

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                        Let's put one of the C7R team drivers behind the wheel of the Z06 and run them again. I bet the outcome would be very different.

The GT-R is an awesome car, but I'd bet the Stig would be faster in lots of other cars some that cost less depending a lot on tires and the racetrack chosen. At a tight slower speed track the GT-R will have the edge. On a bigger higher speed course with larger radius turns, I'd take the Z06.
                        The Nismo gtr is the 5th fastest production car around Nurburgring. The standard gtr is the 12th. The ZR1 is 14th.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                          The Nismo gtr is the 5th fastest production car around Nurburgring. The standard gtr is the 12th. The ZR1 is 14th.
                          ... and Randy Pobst is no slouch of a driver, the GT-R just carries more speed through turns, giving it better exit angles and speeds, so it ends up with quicker straightaway speed as well.
                          Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                          I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                          Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                          Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                          dont downshift!!
                          Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
                              For those that don't want to watch:
                              GTR is faster in all ways than the Z06...

.4 sec faster to 60
                              .4 sec faster through the quarter
                              2 full sec faster around the track and carried higher speeds in all parts of the track including the straight...

Z0sucks...
                              Wellll
                              Z06 more grip, better brakes, faster from a roll, sounds better, much cheaper, more "fun", better looking.

That being said, what the nissan is doing around the track is amazing, less power, more weight, less tire, higher CG and way the fuck faster on a road course, amazing.
                              Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post

That being said, what the nissan is doing around the track is amazing, less power, more weight, less tire, higher CG and way the fuck faster on a road course, amazing.
                                In the calculations for how a tire grips the road nowhere in the equation does the size of the tire matter. The CF is all that matters and some racing tires have a CF that is higher then 1.
                                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Working...
                                X