Picked up my first P-car: GT4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
    From what I've read the low mileage cars have the worst problems. Solution? Drive the FUCK out of your Porsche. lol

PS. I haven't seen any actual data on this, only hearsay from other people, so take it with a grain of salt.
    I've picked up on the same thing...I don't think there is any real definitive data to support it, but if you read the forums like Rennlist and 6-spd Online, that sure seems to be the consensus. When I was researching to buy one, I got that exact advice from several guys out there....if you are going to own one, drive it, don't baby it. There was even some well known Porsche guy that wrote a whitepaper on buying used 996's, and within that he actually advised against buying one with less than 50K.
    70' Chevelle RagTop
    (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
      I've picked up on the same thing...I don't think there is any real definitive data to support it, but if you read the forums like Rennlist and 6-spd Online, that sure seems to be the consensus. When I was researching to buy one, I got that exact advice from several guys out there....if you are going to own one, drive it, don't baby it. There was even some well known Porsche guy that wrote a whitepaper on buying used 996's, and within that he actually advised against buying one with less than 50K.
      996's are BALLS cheap right now, but the 997 and 991 are such better cars from what I can tell. As of right now, I'm actively working to make a Porsche my next vehicular purchase.

Comment

Looks like the place in addison. They always have some sweet rides.
        2012 GT500

Comment

That's got to be a 25-35k rig!

Comment

Working...
          X