Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japanese motorcycle teams competitively race their Dodge vans

I thought this was pretty damn cool.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

The thought, it has the aerodynamics of a brick and handles like one, comes to mind.

Comment

Fucking awesome!

Going to pull a bit of an SVO here, but I have run a 15 passenger around the track at Hallett full of people going all out. Thank god for stabilirak.
      Originally posted by lincolnboy
      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

I wish I would have had one of those driving up and down Mt. Fuji as opposed to the 15 pax Toyota with a 4 cylinder and a 5 speed column shift.
        "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

I believe this has been going on for awhile now, a couple of years...

Comment

These vans obviously need VTEC.

Comment

Why couldn't the this trend hit America instead of "stance"?

I'd drive the shit out of one of those! (franticly searching craigslist)

Comment

Those small blocks sound pretty good!
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I found it funny one of the van drivers was wearing a U.S. Air Force shirt...
                  "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

They ain't got nothing on Sabine!

Working hard at the NHS... Or am I?
                    First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

Good watch, secondary question.... what kind of program can you use to put details or captions on videos like that one where they were listing the stats on the vans?

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                        Fucking awesome!

Going to pull a bit of an SVO here,
                        Don't worry. I will not hold it against you.

The Bondurant driving school takes everyone who attends on a hot lap around the track in an E350 passenger van without letting you know that they are going to do it. It will crack you the fuck up seeing people hanging on for dear life even though they are belted in.
                        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                          Don't worry. I will not hold it against you.

The Bondurant driving school takes everyone who attends on a hot lap around the track in an E350 passenger van without letting you know that they are going to do it. It will crack you the fuck up seeing people hanging on for dear life even though they are belted in.
                          .....most excellent story, as we have come to expect!

Comment

SVTOA did the Econoline full of noobs around the TMS infield too. The seats that latch into the floor slide right and left in the turns. Unsettling but it didn't tip over.

Comment

These dodge vans and shop-worn fox bodies have a wandering driver's seat in common. Are they that hard to keep bolted down?
                              Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

Working...
                              X