Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abandoned Supercars in Dubai

All These Supercars Have Been Abandoned In Dubai

If you had the cash to spend on a car that cost at least $250,000, surely you'd want to make sure it's always in a safe place?

However, police in Dubai recover around 3,000 abandoned luxury cars each year.

Bimmas, Mercs, Ferraris and Porsches are all left victim to abandonment in the wealthy city. A report from the BBC previously stated that a Ferrari Enzo, worth more than $1 million, was once just left to gather dust in a Dubai airport parking lot.

So why are so many cars just left there? It's down to United Arab Emirates observing Sharia law. Under Sharia law, it is a criminal offence to not pay off your debts. Those that fail to make car payments, get behind on credit card bills, or default on a mortgage, go to prison. There is no bankruptcy protection. As a result, expensive cars get left abandoned by owners who would rather flee the country instead of going to prison.

Vehicles that are never claimed by their owners simply get impounded. They are then auction off, usually for significantly cheaper than what they are usually sold for.

It's a very sad affair that so many spots in Dubai serve as makeshift graveyards for these super cars.

sweet Jesus that f40 needs to collect dust in my garage til I can pay it off. can I get the lien holder's info? what yard is it at?

and how many xj220s were even made? I will have to look that up.

Comment

30K Billionaire Sheiks? Must not be as rich as they thought they were.

Comment

Guess that is what happens when you don't have pelicans?

Comment

No reason to value toys.

Comment

I don't know about Dubai, but in Saudi cars have an average lifespan of 3 to 5 years. They don't know how to fix shit, and don't undersrand maintenance. Cars often never even get the oil changed. They treat them like shit and leave them on the side of the road if they break down. It was unusual to make a trip to town and not see at least one lamborghini driving down the road, and 6 or 12 bmws, mercedes, bentleys, landrovers, etc, abandoned on the highway. Never in my life have I seen so many luxary cars, and I never thought I would see so many abandonded like that. Crazy and sad.
            I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
              I don't know about Dubai, but in Saudi cars have an average lifespan of 3 to 5 years. They don't know how to fix shit, and don't undersrand maintenance. Cars often never even get the oil changed. They treat them like shit and leave them on the side of the road if they break down. It was unusual to make a trip to town and not see at least one lamborghini driving down the road, and 6 or 12 bmws, mercedes, bentleys, landrovers, etc, abandoned on the highway. Never in my life have I seen so many luxary cars, and I never thought I would see so many abandonded like that. Crazy and sad.
              Much more has to do with the environmental elements more than anything.

Comment

They probably quit running because they can't get any air through the filter.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                  Much more has to do with the environmental elements more than anything.
                  Actually in Saudi it was a cultural thing. They were more of an entitled and throw away society than we ever dreamed of. Add to the fact the governemtn heavily subsidises almost everything with oil, plus the fact that there are hundreds of princes and princesses due to the multiple wives of all kings, plus the oil money on topnof all that, and it is really a bunch of rich spoiled kids who dont care. Granted, the environment doesnt make things easy, but cars could be maintained and taken care of if they wanted. Most just chose not to.
                  I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Some of those guys know what the hell they are doing.

Comment

Originally posted by jammeejamm View Post
                      sweet jesus that f40 needs to collect dust in my garage til i can pay it off. Can i get the lien holder's info? What yard is it at?

And how many xj220s were even made? i will have to look that up.
                      QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

Originally posted by jammeejamm View Post
                        sweet Jesus that f40 needs to collect dust in my garage til I can pay it off. can I get the lien holder's info?

That's an F20.. maybe F25. But it ain't no F40.
                        When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

yes, i looked it up. i thought there were only around a hundred of them.

the images are blocked at work, and i was looking on my phone. thinking back it did seem misshaped.

bummer.

Comment

^^ Fiero?

mardyn

Comment

Originally posted by mardyn View Post
                              ^^ Fiero?

mardyn
                              Not likely, probably a cheap kit car with a tube chassis

Comment

Working...
                              X