Is this some Magician Trickery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this some Magician Trickery?

I seem to recall this being posted somewhere before - someone posted it on FB and all the trolls are humping each other over there....

Ole Super Duty is looking pretty wompy, but I'd imagine there is some trickery involved too. One of the trolls claimed to be involved in these sort of tests, and said that they do stuff to the Ford like taking the sway bars off, loosening bed and cab bolts, etc.

Who knows....but it does appear to me that they didn't pull the Ford up onto the ramp as high as the Dodge. Look where the left rear tire is on both trucks. The Dodge is all the way up almost to where the ramp flattens out, and the Ford looks to be a bit back from that point....like they are trying to make it look like the right rear wheel is closer to the ground. I think there is some eye trickery going on with those ramps...it also looks like the left front wheel on the Dodge is on the downhill side of it's ramp and the Ford's is still on the flat part.
    70' Chevelle RagTop
    (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

sigpic

Comment

Explains why the ford rides so much better. I won't ever drive a dodge on that principle alone. They ride like shit. Dodge is the cheap stuff for a reason.

On top of that, if you regularly do that kind of shit to a 1 ton dually, you deserve whatever you get anyway. Idiots doing the testing seem to think its a rock crawler. I bet they deducted points cause neither truck could fly
      WH

Comment

Aren't rig frames designed to flex, because the torque produced would tear apart the welds? Flex isn't a bad thing if it flexes for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by big_tiger View Post
          Aren't rig frames designed to flex, because the torque produced would tear apart the welds? Flex isn't a bad thing if it flexes for a reason.
          Was thinking that, but was unable to explain the thought - so I'll just x2 this post.
          Originally posted by MR EDD
          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

ram4lyfe
            Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

What of relevance are they proving, anyway? How many Fords end up having issues caused by this kind of flexing? Mine gets twisted worse than that in the mountains, and it has it's issues, but none related to that.

Comment

Using idiotic sales tactics and idiots will buy them.

My Ford was 10 times the truck my Dodge was. I loved the cummins, but the Dodge wrapper was a real pile of shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                  Using idiotic sales tactics and idiots will buy them.

My Ford was 10 times the truck my Dodge was. I loved the cummins, but the Dodge wrapper was a real pile of shit.
                  Pretty much my experience too....I've owned 3 Dodges (two 3500's and 1 2500), and 5 Fords (three 250's, and two 350's). I really liked the drivetrain in all of the Dodges but all of the cheap BS that went along with them got old in a hurry. The last Ford that I had was a 12' 250, and it left a pretty bad taste in my mouth, but I realize that one was probably just a fluke too.

I can say that I really did like my 06' Mega Cab Dodge, if that thing didn't have all the BS problems (especially with the AC), I would've kept it a lot longer....but I'll be damned if I'm going to have to drive around and sweat my ass off in a newer truck.
                  70' Chevelle RagTop
                  (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Im not sure what they are trying to prove but its interesting. My truck wont ever be in a scenario like that where the frame will flex. I tow trailers on mostly level grounds.

Comment

I knew Toby Keith was full of shit.

Comment

Video is old,

You ever see the frame rigidity tests on a Toyota tundra? The cab and bed flexed so badly it broke the back window

Chevy did a commercial after this test with the ford bed full loaded and the ford broke the tail gate

Comment

I want to know how many people would ever be in a situation like they are simulating anyways. Has Ford had chassis issues or something? If not, I'm not sure what this has to do with anything.

And I'm impartial, I drive a Chevy.

Comment

All i know is, one looks a lot more comfortable to ride in.
                            sigpic

Comment

They seem to miss mentioning that there have been very few changes to the frame and body since 99.

Comment

Working...
                              X