Anyone sporting 65 or 70" TV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone sporting 65 or 70" TV?

They look so small in big box stores, but measurements in my house make it look crazy big!

Anyone have one they can post a picture of their setup from a ways back and see how it fits the room. We are thinking of mounting one above our fireplace but it fills the whole area, just not sure how this would look.

Not to exact scale but close!

Just take some painters tape and make a rectangle to the dimensions of the TV.

Comment

We have measured, just seems so overwhelming sitting 10' away. Curious of actual setups!

Comment

All ballers here. Nobody has a TV that small.
        Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

I've got a 65 in my livingroom. I will get a picture tonight and measure how far away from it our couch is

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
          Originally posted by Leah
          Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Under 9 feet from the center and 65 is plenty. Actually a 60 would be better at under 9 feet. My buddy bought a 70 for his small home and it looks stupid, almost too big 6 feet away. I believe someone posted (CWO) maybe in the HIF on size and distance, might want to do a search.
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Our front room is big and our house is open and a 65" seemed enormous for the first couple weeks until you get used to it. Now it seems perfect. We sit about 11 feet away if I remember correctly, I can measure tonight.
              Originally posted by davbrucas
              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

I'll get a pic of our 70" and get distance tonight. I think it's perfect.

Comment

I went from a 50 to a 60 and the change was larger than I had expected. My livingroom is small and I am only 9' away.
                  Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
                    All ballers here. Nobody has a TV that small.
                    I think the one in my butler's bathroom is a 67".

Comment

I went from a 55" to a 70" when we moved into our house. It doesn't look as big as it is because of the monstrous entertainment center my wife bought...

Don't have any pics at the moment. We sit about 15' from the TV. Sometimes I wish I had gone 80", but still pretty pleased with the 70" for the most part.
                      "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

I think in your case it's the relation to the fireplace that makes it look big, and that the fireplace juts into the room, making the tv stick out more than usual. On an empty wall would be a different story. Think about those with projectors and 100" screens, or even going to the movie theater, in those cases the screen takes up most of the field of vision. You've also got the juxtaposition of modern tech being mounted to a fireplace from the 70's.

Without the fireplace a 70" tv would look fine there imo.

Comment

Lack of cowskin rug concerns me, where are the priorities !

Comment

We sit 11' away from a 9-year old 50" 720p Samsung plasma. Seems fine to me. And it keeps us warm in the wintertime.

The picture on modern TVs is great, but I think our next leap will be to a projector. Not because the image is big, but because you can conceal the entertainment system when not in use.
                            When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

we have a 75" and front of the coach is 14 feet away from wall and it is fine
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X